At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
Support the implementation of Wholesale system and business process improvements throughout the Wholesale billing cycle. Identify business gaps, risks and resolutions prior to bill cycle approval and communicate issues to manager.
Responsible for participating in cross-functional teams to maintain network reference data consistently across all Wholesale applications, leveraging existing Retail applications, data and processes. Support the implementation of enterprise-wide system and business process improvements throughout the Wholesale pricing implementation cycle. Identify business gaps, risks and resolutions prior to contract acceptance and effectively communicate risks to supervisor.
Support project plans and end-to-end implementation to improve contract implementation, financial controls, business work stream, efficiencies, and accuracy through both process and IT architectural changes.
Analyst must be able to apply an understanding of the Wholesale telecommunications industry, financial governance and controls, and Verizon systems and practices to all projects.
- Responsible for entry and validation of all contract and amendment pricing, new product pricing and rate updates on existing products on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy and adherence to contract.
- Responsible for actively participating on cross-functional teams to implement Customer contractual obligations and pricing to ensure the integrity of billing. Collaborate with other Revenue Assurance and Wholesale Operations teams to leverage existing processes, identify quality assurance gaps, define risk and implement process and technical solutions. Support project plan to implement end-to-end solutions.
- Perform routine audits to identify issues negatively impacting the customer invoice, identifying and pursuing root cause resolution.
- Responsible for participating on cross-functional teams charged with assessment of existing application subsystems and control environment. Work with supervisor and team members to identify control gaps, define and implement process and technical solutions.
- Partner with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for review of application approach and technical design documents affecting contract pricing, rates, new products & services for all Wholesale VZ applications. Participate in user acceptance testing as required. Identify issues and concerns and work with supervisor/project leader to drive technical solutions to address financial, process and functional gaps across multiple systems and processes.
- Develop risk assessments and propose options for resolution of basic audit requirements to supervisor.
- Assist with training and developing the knowledge and skills of new or less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or Business required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required with demonstrated technical expertise with wireless billing and rating. Minimum two years of extensive experience with financial/revenue analysis, reference data, rating, billing and order entry systems required.
- Detailed understanding of rating, pricing and network data and interrelationships desired. Experience working with database query tools, Microsoft Access and Excel, as well as use of macros are desired.
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, written and oral communication skills. Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work under pressure, support multiple assignments, with exceptional attention to detail.
- This position requires a balance of application technical skills, project management, analytical skills and proven ability to support multiple projects and identify conflicts across multiple systems.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision; must be self-motivated and highly adaptable to change. Knowledge of project management processes required.
- Ability to work in a team environment with our team as well as other business groups.
- This position requires an individual with a strong personal desire to ensure we produce the highest quality product for our customers every day, capable of independent decision-making, with knowledge of Wholesale networks, rating, billing and products.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.