Project Manager - Billing Solutions
- Tulsa, OK - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 360583
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
The Presale Project Manager function focuses on the detailed review and analysis of contractual opportunities Verizon is negotiating with our business customers to ensure billing and collections supportability. The intent is to limit any and all exposures to Verizon related to supporting the contractual obligations specific to pricing and terms and conditions within the agreements. Examples of these terms would include pricing/invoicing requirements, payment terms, contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The position requires strong project management skills as many of these contracts are large and complex and involvement can stretch across weeks or months. Contracts involve numerous products/services and the negotiation process involves numerous Verizon organizations.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Reviews all types of contracting documents Verizon utilizes with their large business customers to determine if they are supportable from a billing/Finance perspective.
• Partner with several other organizations as contracts/solutions are being negotiated to influence/change contract terms and conditions and pricing structures of deals to ensure billing/Finance supportability.
• Research and identify alternative or optimal billing solutions using expert judgment and working with internal stakeholders to define contract specific solutions and ensure all groups that are impacted are kept informed.
• Lead and participate in conference calls and internal deal negotiations.
• Escalate issues to management as necessary.
• Project manage complex opportunities, including development of IT supported solutions were required.
• Responsible for prevention and resolution of any errors.
• Update reporting tools and metrics and provide management with updates on contracts.
• Support transition of complex contracts to internal support groups and create all needed transition documentation.
• Maintain billing supportability guidelines for all major products/services.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholder groups, Marketing and Sales when new offerings are included in deals that haven't previously been sold, to determine the short and long term billing solutions.
• Serve as lead Subject Matter Expert for all billing/Finance related inquiries for Sales and other internal organizations during deal negotiations.
• Support and proactively embrace new/special projects, processes and initiatives
*Required Skills & Experience
This position requires the following:
Desired Skills & Experience
• Extensive and Proven Project Management skills.
***Note to Reader...Please update your resume before submitting to ensure your qualifications are CLEARLY indicated on your resume and that they meet the REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE listed in this job description.***
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity