Financial Analyst - Revenue Assurance Bill Cycle Validation
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
• Responsible for bill cycle trending analysis, macro and micro bill review, ensuring accuracy and adherence to contract terms. Prepare cycle approval package for manager review and approval.
• Responsible for partnering with pricing and contract review teams to ensure all new customers and pricing changes have been pulled into bill cycle pre-bill review process. Collaborate with other Revenue Assurance teams and multiple Wholesale Operations teams to leverage existing processes, identify quality assurance gaps, identify risk and implement process and technical solutions. Support project plan to implement end-to-end solutions.
• Perform routine audits to identify issues negatively impacting the customer invoice, identifying, communicating and pursuing root cause resolution.
• Responsible for participating on cross-functional teams charged with assessment of existing application subsystems and control environment. Work with manager and team members to identify control gaps, define and implement process and technical solutions.
• Partner with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
• Responsible for review of application approach and technical design documents affecting Customer invoices and bill cycle processing for all Wholesale applications. Participate in user acceptance testing as required. Identify issues and concerns and work with manager/project leader to identify technical solutions to address financial, process and functional gaps.
• Develop risk assessments and propose options for resolution of basic audit requirements to manager.
• Assist with training and developing the knowledge and skills of new or less experienced team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or Business required.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience required with demonstrated technical expertise with wireline billing and rating. Experience with financial/revenue analysis, rating, billing and order entry systems required.
• Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, written and oral communication skills. Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work under pressure, on multiple assignments, with exceptional attention to detail.
• This position requires a balance of application technical skills, project management, analytical skills and proven ability to support multiple projects and identify conflicts across multiple systems.
• Ability to work independently with moderate supervision; must be self-motivated and highly adaptable to change. Knowledge of project management processes required.
• Ability to work in a team environment with our team as well as other business groups.
• This position requires an individual with a strong personal desire to ensure we produce the highest quality product for our customers every day, capable of independent decision-making, with knowledge of Wholesale networks, rating, billing and products.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity