Consultant - Access Tariffs or Access Tariffs Consultant
- Tulsa, OK - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 360952
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
• Responsible for the accurate interpretation of Federal, State and Local tariffs. Prepare documentation required for tariff updates in all Wholesale systems. Ensure the accurate entry of pricing prior to production updates. Coordinate the testing and validation of tariffs in test environments for new products and services, ensuring that invoices are billing as expected. Work with Legal, Regulatory and other cross-functional teams to resolve issues prior to the launch of new products and services.
• Responsible for leading cross-functional teams to implement new or updated tariffs to ensure accurate billing. Collaborate with other Revenue Assurance and Wholesale Operations teams to leverage existing processes, identify quality assurance gaps, define risk and implement process and technical solutions. Develop and manage project plan to implement end-to-end solutions.
• Perform complex audits to identify issues negatively impacting the customer invoice, identify and pursue root cause resolution. Collaborate with management and process stakeholders to drive root cause resolution for highly problematic issues and data.
• Responsible for leading cross-functional teams charged with assessment of existing application subsystems and control environment. Drive an integrated plan to identify control gaps, define and implement process and technical solutions.
• Partner with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
• Responsible for analysis of application approach and technical design documents affecting contract support and pricing for all Wholesale applications. Identify and drive technical solutions to address financial, process and functional gap across multiple systems and processes. Identify risk, assess impacts and propose alternatives for resolution of unresolved issues to manager.
• Develop and deliver technical training material for both Wholesale Operations and Revenue Assurance teams for all process and application / architectural changes.
• Assist with training and developing the technical and analytical skills of new or less experienced team members.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or Business required.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience required with demonstrated technical expertise with wireline billing and rating. Minimum two years of extensive experience with financial/revenue analysis, Federal/State/Local regulatory tariff interpretation, rating, billing and order entry systems required.
• Exceptional technical skills, especially detailed understanding of rating, pricing and network data and interrelationships.
• Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, negotiation, and communication skills. Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work under pressure, support multiple assignments, with exceptional attention to detail.
• This position requires a balance of application technical skills, project management, highly developed analytical skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and negotiate conflicts across multiple cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision must be self-motivated and highly adaptable to change. Strong project management skills required.
• Ability to work in a team environment with our team as well as other business groups.
• This position requires an individual with a strong personal desire to ensure we produce the highest quality product for our customers every day, capable of independent decision-making, with detailed knowledge of Wholesale networks, rating, billing and products.
• Some travel may be required.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity