Cloud Architect - Big Data and Analytics
- San Jose, CA - United States
- Network - Full-Time
- Job # 361144
- Verizon is looking for system architects for Network & Cloud Analytic development.
- The candidate must be able to work in a rapidly evolving space and quickly capitalize on opportunities.
- This candidate will lead parts of the overall systems business strategy and innovation and be responsible for applying Cloud Computing & Storage, Network Resource & Flow, and other general data collection technologies to a Hadoop based analytic framework in order to increase revenue, decrease time to market, and shorten deployment cycles.
- The candidate will help define and execute a technology strategy and roadmap that will enable Verizon to transform the way it offers products and services to its customers.
- The candidate will be charged with developing cloud and distributed application environments within Verizon that can support next generation communications processes, workflows, and applications.
- The candidate will be expected to build this environment by gathering and understanding requirements, designing and implementing a solution, and integrating the solution with the necessary related systems.
Demonstrated expertise in designing, engineering, and implementing an Analytics framework covering both Cloud & Network technologies. Extensive experience in the development of Hadoop frameworks, NoSql databases, and visualization technologies.
In depth technical experience with the following technologies:
Network Data Collection Technologies: Netflow v9, IPFIX, MPLS PE Router Info & Stats
Cloud Data Collection Technologies: Cloud Provider APIs, Syslogs, sFlow, Monitoring Agents
Cloud Technologies: Openstack, Azure, AWS, VmWare, etc
Analytics Architectures: MySQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, NoSQL, Cassandra, Tableau, etc
- Experienced with deploying software applications to live production environments at high scale
- Able to justify design, build, and buy decisions using solid ROI analysis
- Skilled at interacting and negotiating with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure system related products and services.
- Expertise on security and data privacy practices and laws.
- University Master's degree preferred in computer sciences or software engineering preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high pressure environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years Analytics experience
- Experience at a startup
- Solid portfolio of past work
Equal Employment Opportunity