Senior Financial Analyst - External Commissions
- Lake Mary, FL - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 361302
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Centre for Excellence in Lake Mary, FL. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
Sr Analyst-Fin Ops - External Commissions
• Owner of compensation payment accuracy. This individual is responsible for detailed analysis of compensation data and payments to ensure accuracy and compliance with compensation plans/3rd party contracts. Timely completion of audit/discrepancy reports. Research and resolve all compensation issues in a timely and accurate manner. Update compensation system as required based on research and analysis. Detailed explanations to customer regarding payment and/or compensation statement. Complete payment analysis reports as necessary.
• Serve as a point of contact for assigned responsibilities and will handle more complex compensation inquires. Provide support to customer related to all aspects of compensation. Participate in the training as required for job function.
• Provide subject matter expertise on complex processes or issues to compensation payment review and analysis.
• Significantly contribute to the delivery of Commissions services as an Individual Contributor working in specific areas within Commissions.
• Demonstrate understanding of compensation plans/3rd party contracts and policies. Review and analyze compensation data. Review audit reports. Update compensation system. Respond to inquiries from the field regarding compensation. Reconcile and resolve discrepancies. Respond to internal Commission inquiries. Assist Management with complex compensation issues as necessary.
• Demonstrate a basic knowledge of incentive management, financial, accounting, and additional support systems.
• Work to support the team as assigned enabling the business through technology enhancements with various assigned tasks to collect and assimilate data.
• Demonstrate understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable process improvement.
• A key responsibility of this position is to identify any improvement opportunities in this area and, if asked to, contribute to the design and implementation of new processes or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities.
• Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the processes associated with the systems (e.g., Callidus and dependent systems) and delivery of Commissions services to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard Verizon assets.
• Help ensure that incoming and outgoing transaction processes are controlled, effective, and efficient. Find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions through the system. Make system/ processes more efficient and scalable, and work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and minimize operational risk.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience preferred.
• 4+ years of relevant professional experience. Require a broad range of skills within Commissions/finance discipline to effectively perform routine to complex assignments. Demand familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
• Intermediate level of understanding for report query and design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives.
• Strong analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.
• Collaborative working style and ability to work with external and internal teams.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Master's degree preferred.
• Previous experience in Verizon Finance, preferably Commissions.
• Familiarity with Verizon Compensation, Billing, and Order Entry systems.
• Crystal Reporting knowledge.
• Working knowledge of Verizon vendor management policies and procedures.
• Employees/candidates with professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) are preferred.
• Query tool proficiency (e.g., SQL/Cognos) is preferred.
• Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.