Marketing Communications Manager
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
Marketing Communications Strategy and Team Oversight
- Create and direct strategy and execution of comprehensive marketing communications plan to drive awarness and demand necessary to meet revenue goals
- Ensure clear and consistent articulation of value propositions and capabilities for Verizon's advertising, analytics, and commerce offerings/solutions to vertical industry customers in all customer facing assets including Precision website, Sales Enablement collateral, Internal Education, and Thought Leadership.
- Effectively and efficiently lead team to deliver against plan
Content & Messaging Development
- Direct the development of umbrella messaging for emerging products, including understanding different positioning for each and create a wholistic, clearly articulated value proposition across the product portfolio
- Understand key proof points necessary to drive demand and ability to direct development of trials, case studies, client testimonials, etc. to support.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Client Services teams to develop customer specific messaging and customized collateral
- Direct and deliver co-marketing with partner channels
External Industry and Product Advocacy
- Development and manage ongoing social media plan
- Participate and represent in key industry groups and committees
- Deep understanding of industry issues, ability to map product assets to address
- Work with marketing firm, agency, and/or other resources to develop and execute against participation in key industry events to drive awareness of emerging products, and ultimately leads for sales team
Agency Management/Event Planning
- Manage and direct agency or agencies and internal support organizations to execute on respective elements of the marketing communications plan
- Knowledge of Tech, Marketing, Media and Mobile space
- 5 years of managing and developing staff, with a keen interest in the development and growth of others.
- Must be able to operate under minimal supervision while serving as a key resource to the business
- Takes initiative independently, and is highly organized with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships with internal teams (i.e. Precision Sales, Product, Client Services, internal Marketing Communications), external agencies and management staff required
- Desire to succeed in a high pressure, high growth organization - results-oriented and strong drive with eye towards driving value with clients
- Proven industry experience in one or more verticals: retail, financial services, brand, consumer package goods, media/entertainment, advertising
- Agency experience either working at an Agency or managing an Agency relationship
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required
- Demonstrated ability to take voice-of-the-customer feedback and integrate back into marketing message
- Demonstrated understanding of product development and management process
- Demonstrated strong analytical, strategic planning, and process development skills, sharp business judgment, and high level of initiative is required
- Experience developing both B2B and B2C marketing strategies and tactical plans
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clear messaging and value propositions for complex product portfolios and drive consistent communication across teams
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables, and to respond to unexpected changes is required
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial environment within a large organization
- Positive, self-starter with can-do attitude (start with yes)
- Ownership and willingness to do what it takes to attain performance goals
- Proven leadership skills and ability to lead and manage a high-performing team in a fast paced, dynamic organization and industry.
- MBA Preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity