RF Systems Performance Engineer
- Overland Park, KS - United States
- Network - Full-Time
- Job # 362658
The System Performance Engineer III contributes to the maintenance and improvement of the regional wireless (LTE, CDMA, and EVDO) network.
This engineer’s primary goal is to improve customer experience. The engineer will accomplish this by:
The candidate should be able to take the information from multiple sources and use a RF propagation modeling tool to recommend cell site modifications that will enhance the quality of the network.
The candidate should be able to project manage multiple projects related to their territory and work with other departments to see them through to completion within the given deadlines.
Versatile individuals who like challenge and working in a fast paced environment and be on the forefront of technology will thrive in this job.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering specifically Electrical or Computer Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies. Data/IP Knowledge or experience is a plus.
- System Design including: CDMA, EVDO, LTE
- Wireless data service including: LTE, CDMA 2000, CSD, STP,
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, MapInfo
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals
-Project Management experience and skills
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data, making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager, and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes)
- Leadership skills - commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
- Flexible to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment
- Superior organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, listening attentively, applying appropriate grammar, and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
- Occasional night or weekend work as needed
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Driver's license required
- Programming background a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity