Associate Switch Technician
- Southlake, TX - United States
- Network - Full-Time
- Job # 362793
• The Technician - Systems is responsible for the advanced operation and maintenance of a complex multivendor nationwide network, ensuring network integrity and quality. The Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting end to end issues on an ever changing network. This troubleshooting consists of a combination of working directly on devices and coordinating with other internal and external teams. Equipment that is worked on includes, but not limited to, Cisco, Juniper, Starent, Load balancers (F5 and Cisco), and Firewalls (Nokia and Juniper).
• Troubleshoots, upgrades, and administers multiple vendor systems.
• Operates, administers, and performs advanced maintenance of the core data network elements.
• Maintains systems, elements, and platform applications.
• Composes clear and concise reports for system documentation.
• Participates in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
• Minimum Associates degree, 2-year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required.
• Minimum 1 Year experience in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications (cellular or landline) switching systems or experience in LAN/WAN operations and IP connectivity.
• Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support.
• Experience working with Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XR, and JunOS (CCNA and/or JNCIA a plus).
• Demonstrated knowledge of power and data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI, ATM, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, other LAN/WAN protocols is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DS-0) is required.
• Demonstrated the ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize in a nonstop environment.
• Strong communication skills in order to take control and lead an outage bridge to resolution.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity