- Basking Ridge, NJ - United States
- Supply Chain/Logistics - Full-Time
- Job # 362806
The Supply Chain Strategy and Analytics team at Verizon Wireless has an opening for a skilled expert in statistics, data mining, predictive modeling and data visualization. The Data Scientist will be part of a leading-edge advanced analytics team responsible for driving strategic efforts across the Supply Chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, working capital optimization and cost reduction.
The successful candidate will develop statistical models and computational solutions using large-scale data manipulation, statistical analyses, data mining, visualization, and related analytical techniques to solve complex supply chain challenges. Engaging with business and IT partners, the Data Scientist will enable the architecture required to advance analytical solutions into our current supply chain ecosystem.
The directions and recommendations made through this position will have a significant impact on the Verizon Wireless supply chain.
Strategic Analytical Assessment
Collaborate with scientific colleagues to define the data modeling goals for designated project areas
Lead the data acquisition, data mining, and overall project management duties related to one or more existing analytics project areas
Partner with Supply Chain operational teams (i.e. procurement, device marketing, sales and logistics organizations) to identify supply chain inefficiencies and potential root causes
Descriptive and Predictive Modeling
Translate supply chain problem into tractable analytical problem, relaying results in common business language with managerial implications
Develop and analyze analytical data sets, creating meaningful visualizations
Design and implement creative approaches to predictive modeling problems
Perform model assessments, validation, and enhancement activities
Strategic Implementation of Analytics
Partner with IT to effectively migrate analytical models from prototype to production
Drive adoption and application of analytical model results with business partners, ensuring benefits realized
Communication and Reporting
Track and report success metrics for projects and their impact on key supply chain KPIs
Supply research/analysis information to department/executive staff
Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices
• Education: Master’s Degree in Analytics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Economics or related field, PhD preferred
• Must love analytics and data!
• 3-5 years of industry experience and competency in supply chain management are preferred.
• Strong analytical and technical skills are required, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong familiarity and hands-on experience with creating analytical data sets, SQL and statistical software packages is required.
• Development and delivery of executive communication via advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
• Results oriented and deadline driven
• Proficient in engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.