Network Engineer III
- Ashburn, VA - United States
- Network - Full-Time
- Job # 364141
This center is responsible for all IP network creation functions relating to the activation of IP central office based network equipment. Responsibilities include – configuring & activating central office equipment, participating in cross-functional network creation teams responsible for creating and documenting process flows for IP services, and successfully deploying new products from multiple vendors including Cisco, Juniper, etc. Candidate will be accountable for achieving departmental and corporate performance objectives for network elements deployed, on time provisioning, etc. and will work closely with Network Engineering to meet the overall deployment schedule.
- Strong communication skills
- Individual must be experience overseeing a project supporting data services networks
- At least 3 years experience working with data services networks/equipment (i.e. ATM, TLS, DSL, IPVPN, VOL, or FTTP)
- Must also have 3 year of experience with device configuration, testing and troubleshooting.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Verizon internal management networks such as OSN & OAM&P
- Experience with current IP deployment initiatives
- Experience working with external organizations such as Engineering, Network Operations, and/or COEI.
- Visio, Excel, and Word experience
Equal Employment Opportunity