Senior Financial Analyst - Access Accounting
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Centre for Excellence in Lake Mary, FL. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position supports the Access Cost Accounting function. The position reports to the Manager Access Accounting. A majority of the responsibilities will be to assist the supervisor/manager with the monthly close process.
- Prepares monthly reporting on Access Cost activity, conducts analysis of trends and uses professional judgment to settle variances. Areas of focus may include specific geographic areas or service types.
- Performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related reports.
- Provides expertise on processes or issues to the assigned team and work stream.
- Coordinates the recording of month end access cost activity.
- Performs analysis and coordinates with partners to resolve any differences.
- Analyzes and interprets reports for managers providing recommendations to guide business decisions.
- Undertakes accounting projects and provides guidance on accounting issues as needed.
- Fields issue escalations from internal customers or delivery partners and responds to customer inquiries as requested, ensuring issue and error resolution.
- Leads reviews for accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Maintains records for routine accounting transactions.
- Prepares reconciliations of accounts.
- Demonstrates familiarity with a broad variety of data sources supporting access cost accounting from various technologies with the applicable requirements for analysis.
- Actively engages clients and users in defining access cost accounting business processes supported by process changes or system solutions and uses business cases for full development of business requirements and needs.
- Supports developing, implementing, and maintaining, procedures and policies for the accounting function.
- May act as a project manager for small to medium sized projects, leading a team of peers and subordinates in a matrix organization. Value is provided to the enterprise by participating in the identification of improvements to accounting processes in order to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard enterprise assets.
- Compares system outputs with daily input verifying for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- This position will also take a more leading role in the company's efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley. Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Leads or participates, as required, in training and skills development initiatives as a subject matter expert.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity