Analyst - Revenue Accounting
- Lake Mary, FL - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 364691
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position performs revenue accounting assignments and projects for the Revenue Accounting Department. This position reports to the Supervisor Consumer Revenue Accounting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with a relatively high level of supervision, this position undertakes data postings; performs calculations and timely settlement of assigned revenue items and prepares accounting related reports.
- Posts revenue interfaces to the General Ledger.
- Prepares and analyzes journal entries; proposes adjustments as necessary.
- Assists with the preparation of general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assists in reviews for accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records, as required.
- Reviews posting issues and resolves errors.
- Compares accounting system outputs with daily input verifying for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- Assists with the monthly, quarterly and year end close activities as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Assists in preparation of financial and operating reports including trial balances, adjustments and closing entries.
- Assists in balancing the books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements, as required.
- Assists in the analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management, as required.
- Supports the company’s efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Tests and documents internal controls.
- Assists in the documentation of simple accounting projects under direct supervision.
- Maintains records of routine accounting transactions.
- Requires BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Eligible CPA candidate (pursuing CPA certification)
- 0-2 years of Professional Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel; attention to detail; strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience in the preparation of General Ledgers, Fixed Assets, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required
- Peoplesoft or SAP experience a plus
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.