Wireless home network security Security is a top priority for Verizon, and it should be a strong consideration of everyone who has a wireless home network. Consequences of not protecting your network can range from neighbors enjoying free Internet access at your expense to identity theft.
How can I help protect my wireless home network?
- Protect your network from viruses and spyware
- Change your router password if you're still using the factory default setting
- Use the strongest network security encryption compatible with your network devices
- Use firewall software to protect your computer
- Position the router or gateway to limit your exposure
- Turn off your wireless network if you are going to be gone for extended periods of time
Strengthen YourChange the network encryption on your wireless network to WPA2 or WPA.
|How can I find my network's SSID? How can I find my network's SSID?|