How to Use Call Gate
Using Call Gate for the first time
You must initialize your service from your subscribing telephone before you can use Call Gate™.
If you forget or lose your PIN
You can reset your PIN online.
Changing your Call Gate settings
- Lift your receiver from your subscribing telephone and listen for a dial tone.
- Dial 1-800-527-7070, Verizon's Advanced Services.
- Listen to the recorded, automated instructions and select Call Gate.
You will hear a special set-up message for new Call Gate customers. The message will guide you through the initial set-up of your service.
- Enter the last four digits of your subscribing telephone number as your temporary PIN.
- When asked, change your temporary PIN to a new permanent 4-digit PIN.
- Use the Call Gate Menu to create your list of allowed and blocked numbers.
At this time, you can also customize your service by selecting Call Gate options.
- When finished, hang up your phone or press .
- Wait 10 minutes and test your service by trying to dial one of the numbers you blocked.
- Dial 1-800-527-7070 to access Verizon's Advanced Services from any touch tone phone.
- Enter the 10-digit telephone number of your subscribing telephone.
- Enter your Call Gate PIN.
Call Gate Menu
- Press to go to the Call Gate Menu.
- Press to change your PIN.
- Press to exit the system.
Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features
Related Call Gate topics
- Press to find out what options are currently activated on your phone.
- Press to allow outgoing calls.
- Press to block all outgoing calls.
- Press to permit outgoing calls only to numbers on your Allowed Numbers list.
- Press to block outgoing calls to numbers on your Blocked Numbers list while still permitting calls to your Allowed Numbers list.
- Press to block Long Distance, 900/700, and Audiotex calls.
- Press to set up, review or change International, Directory or Operator Assisted, or Emergency options.
- Press to set up, review, or change your Allowed Numbers list.
- Press to set up, review, or change your Blocked Numbers list.
- Press to return to the Call Gate Menu.
- Press to exit the Call Gate system.
Additional Calling Features