Verizon Wireless offers free 411 assistance for customers with visual, physical and cognitive disabilities.
In order to be eligible for the Free 411 service Verizon Wireless does require appropriate information verifying that the requirements of the program have been met.
- A copy of an approved Social Security Administration claim stating in detail the nature of the disability.
- A copy of an approved Veterans Administration claim stating in detail the nature of the disability.
- A letter from a physician on letterhead, detailing the nature of the disability.
- Copy of the driver’s license or state issued identification card that specifies the disability.
- Copy of the letter from your landline carrier that verifies you are currently receiving free directory assistance from that carrier for your disability. Please note that if the disability is not clearly stated on the information provided your request will not be processed.
Need more help?
Contact the Verizon Wireless National Accessibility
Customer Service Center
8 am to 9 pm EST, Monday - Friday
1.888.262.1999 or *611 from your wireless phone