More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
As we approach the New Year, it’s time to pause and reflect. We’re carrying some great momentum into 2019, building the digital world with a keen focus on 5G.
Powering our dynamic organization are the people who work here, the V Team. With their support, we’re moving Verizon forward, building the business and making an impact. So it’s no surprise we put so much emphasis on recruiting, hiring and retaining V Teamers.
We talk to thousands of candidates every month, continuing to adapt and grow our employee base based on what the company needs. And we’re proud to report that in the midst of our efforts, people took notice. Here’s a look at just some of the milestones we achieved in 2018:
- 2019 #1 Military Friendly® Company - For the second year in a row, Verizon made #1 on the list. We’re especially excited this time, being named the top company overall, following an update to the Military Friendly ranking process.
- LinkedIn Top Companies 2018 - After analyzing the actions of LinkedIn members, Verizon took a spot based on interest in our company, engagement with V Teamers, job demand and employee retention.
- 100 percent score on the Disability Equality Index - With a perfect score on the annual index, the American Association of People with Disabilities and Disability: IN™ chose Verizon as one of the 2018 Best Places to work.
- 2018 Workforce 100 - Leveraging publicly available data, Workforce Magazine teamed up with Glassdoor to identify the world’s best companies for HR. Happy to say Verizon moved up year over year, sliding into the top third.
- #4 in 2018 ATD BEST Awards - Put out by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), the BEST Awards recognize companies like Verizon for enterprise-wide success as a result of employee talent development.
- Careers & the disABLED Magazine’s 2018 Readers Choice Award for Top 50 Employers - Magazine readers selected Verizon as one of the companies’ they believe provide a progressive work environment for people with disabilities.
- 2018 Military Times Best for Vets Employers - Verizon came in sixth, of more than 2,300 organizations that applied. Factors for consideration included company culture, veteran recruitment, military policies and accommodations for reservist employees.
- Working Mother Research Institute 100 Best Companies, NAFE Top Companies for Executive Women, Best Companies for Multicultural Women and the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index - Four in one! Verizon makes the Working Mother Hall of Fame with awards in multiple categories including those listed above.
It’s hard to pick one word to describe how we feel after such a busy and rewarding year. Ecstatic comes to mind. Grateful, too. So kudos to the V Team for all their hard work and dedication — and while we’re riding high on the excitement, we look forward to 2019 and all it has to offer.