LinkedIn has released its 2019 Top Companies list and we’re proud to be recognized as a company where professionals want to work. Our #28 ranking in the top 50 companies is based entirely on the actions of LinkedIn’s member base and their interactions with companies that have 500+ employees. Metrics are based on interest in the company, engagement with company employees, job demand and employee retention. Verizon has made the ranking since it began in 2017 and we’re pleased to have made the list every year.
At Verizon, we drive positive change and that is why V Teamers know Verizon is a great place to work. Here are a few reasons why:
- Great Benefits. Eligible employees can qualify for paid parental leave, health benefits, generous time off, Employee Assistance Programs and more.
- Development. We provide training and development at every level to help our employees enhance their existing skills or learn something new and evolve in their role at Verizon. This includes tuition assistance, award-winning on-the-job training and online development tools.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. It is instilled in our culture and in 2018, we were awarded for our efforts to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Some of these awards include NAFE Top Companies for Executive Women, 100% on the 2018 Disability Equality Index and Corporate Equality Index
- Employee Resource Groups. These groups allow members to network, mentor, learn from each other and give back to the community, all while celebrating their common bonds.
- Military community. For the second year in a row, we are the #1 Military Friendly Company. Current and former members of the U.S. Military have the skills to thrive at Verizon and we’re proud to assist in the transition to civilian life.
- Community engagement. Whether improving education or responding to disasters, Verizon is there to support the communities we serve. V Teamers also volunteered over 200,000 hours to nonprofit causes last year. We are always looking to give back. For more information on how we drive positive change, check out our Corporate Social Responsibility report.