Military Times just ranked us No. 8 on its Top 100 list of 2019 Best for Vets: Employers. This is a great honor as we continue to celebrate our service members during Military Appreciation Month.
The Military Times rankings are based on a 91-question survey covering company culture, veteran recruitment, military policies and accommodations for Reservist employees. We’re proud of earning a top 10 spot for the second consecutive year, and even more proud of our military members who serve on the V Team. Nearly 200 companies and other organizations completed surveys to try to earn a place in the 2019 Best for Vets: Employers rankings.
Best for Vets is another example of our commitment to supporting military members and their families because it’s the right thing to do, and because of the dedication and experience these V Teamers bring to our business. We’re honored to have them on our team and proud to be recognized for our commitment to the military community.
A program worthy of Top 10.
Here are some of the programs we offer that make our commitment to the military community so strong:
- More than 10,000 veterans serve on the V Team.
- #1 Military Friendly Company for two consecutive years
- A dedicated Military Recruitment Team.
- A military leave policy which allows our active duty military employees to continue serving their country, and bridges the difference between military and Verizon pay.
- A Military Career site to help candidates transition from military to civilian life. This site includes a Military Skills Matcher, Military Talent Network, and resume builder among other resources.
- Our Veterans Advisory Board employee resource group which provides assistance, guidance and representation, and advocates for veteran employees
- Job training programs to support transitioning service members into civilian life.
May Military Appreciation Month across Verizon.
Verizon is supporting those who serve during Military Appreciation Month and year-round. Here are links to a few ways we’re showing more than 10,000 veterans employed here and their loved ones that we appreciate them:
- They deserve a month…and so much more. Overview of May Military Appreciation Month at Verizon
- There are 130 million reasons why people choose Verizon. New TV ad on a military customer whose 4 children are deployed in four different military branches
- Verizon named top 5 military spouse friendly employer Profile on Judith Tushim, military spouse, V Teamer and mom-to-be.
- Special military discounts available throughout the month.