Work from home
Our greatest strength is our employees. Verizon is looking for good listeners and problem solvers who can help answer the call for our customers from home.
As a work from home representative, you’ll deliver a positive experience that solves customers’ challenges in one call. While working to resolve issues, you’ll also help drive sales on products and services that will keep them happy and connected.
You'll be part of a team – even at home. Virtual meetings, conference calls and online group chats are a big part of this role so you can get to know and collaborate with your fellow V Teamers. A culture of learning keeps our people at the forefront of an ever-changing industry.
What we’re looking for.
Problem solvers who lead with empathy. When customers come to us with complex challenges, you'll respond with patience, ensuring they feel heard and cared for. No two calls are the same, so you’ll know how to apply your resources to determine the right solutions.
You’re motivated by change. Whether it's using new tools to better serve our customers or trying different ways to generate sales, you’re up for the challenge.
In addition to these qualifications, you'll also need to meet our home office and technical setup requirements. Please review the qualifications and requirements below.
Responsibilities & requirements
Specifically, you’ll need to have:
- Willingness to work a schedule that is primarily evenings and weekends (and occasional holidays).
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of customer service or sales experience.
- Meet all home office requirements.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated self-discipline, time management, ability to collaborate virtually.
- Experience resolving customer issues, billing, and/or handling product Q&A.
- Interest in learning new technologies.
- Experience promoting and/or selling products and services.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
Home office requirements
Verizon will provide:
- A monthly monetary stipend for internet service.
- Computer equipment.
- Desk and chair options after successful completion of training.
- You will need to provide:
- Internet service with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem and capable of at least 25mbps plan minimum. Wireless connections, satellite or DSL are not acceptable.
- A private workspace with limited distractions and minimal background noise.
- Adequate heating and lighting for the workspace.
- Agreement to periodic visual inspection of their home workspace via webcam.
Is this job right for you?
Take this brief quiz.
Not everyone can succeed and thrive in a home-based customer service role. We’re looking for the right type of worker with the perfect home office setup. Answer these simple questions to find out if you’d make a great match.