Verizon in India: A powerhouse in IT & Technology
Who we are
Verizon is the #1 wireless provider in the U.S. and a global leader in next generation communications technology, including 5G and the Internet of Things.
Our IT teams in India play a critical role in both the development of new technologies and the day-to-day operation of our business. They build systems and work on initiatives to help deliver unmatched digital experiences to consumers and businesses. In short, they are obsessed with everything the digital world has to offer.
Where we’re located
Currently, we have offices in these cities:
Olympia Tech Park, # 1, Sidco Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai - 600032
- Campus 5, RMZ Millenia Business Park, 143 Dr. MGR Veeranam Road, Perungudi, Chennai - 600096
9 & 10 Raheja Mindspace, Hitec City, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telengana - 500081
Prestige Trinity Centre, 9th Floor, Doddakannelli, Kadubeesanahalli Road, Boganahalli Village, Varthur Hobli, Bengaluru - 560097
The type of work we do
Work in India is focused around the following areas:
Various business groups in Chennai & Hyderabad
Teams in Chennai and Hyderabad work on several different aspects of Verizon’s business:
- Network & Technology: Network and Technology teams support the core of Verizon's business. They help plan, engineer, build and operate our wireless, fiber optic and global IP networks.
- Consumer Markets – Wireless & Fios: These teams are committed to delivering the unmatched digital experience that customers have come to expect from Verizon. They work with innovative services and technologies including Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions: This group delivers best-in-class products and solutions in Enterprise, Wholesale, Mobility, Global Operations, Machine to Machine (M2M), Security Platform Development and Managed Security & Network Solutions.
- Global Technology Services: This team is focused on building Verizon’s internal capabilities to keep us ahead of emerging technology. They work to build and maintain a robust infrastructure and data center strategy while implementing DevOps and Cloud.
Verizon Connect – Bengaluru, Chennai & Hyderabad
Verizon Connect is one of the world's largest telematics providers. Their IT team builds solutions that automate, optimize and revolutionize the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. The team also provides 24x7 Production Support Services engineered by best-in-class processes.
Verizon Labs – Bengaluru
This team works on next-generation products and software solutions, such as Verizon’s IoT and predictive analytics platforms. Employees get to work on cutting edge technologies like Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), 5G and Blockchain.
What makes us special
- Each of our offices in India offers an inspirational environment and diverse avenues for long-term growth and development.
- Verizon is one of the Best Companies for Women in India, according to Working Mother and AVTAR.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) offer wide-ranging opportunities for networking and having fun with coworkers. There are ERGs focused on everything from networking opportunities for female employees to sustainability awareness to sports, music and dance.
- Verizon aims to make a positive difference in the local communities around our three major locations in India and we have supported rehabilitation efforts for those affected by natural disasters across India.
Bengaluru: Mahatma Gandhi Road is home to some of the city’s best shopping and dining.
Chennai: Watch a movie or explore the many different shopping avenues close to both Verizon offices.
Hyderabad: Many shopping and entertainment options, including eateries serving signature Hyderabadi dishes.
Shuttle service from designated points in the city (Chennai & Hyderabad)
Night time transportation for employees (Chennai & Hyderabad)
On-site gym (All locations)
On-site cafeteria (Chennai & Hyderabad) or coffee shop (Bengaluru)