This year, Verizon’s Supplier Diversity team, Public Policy and GLOBE (Verizon’s LGBT Employee Resource Group) attended the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. NGLCC is made up of 983 diverse LGBT suppliers, 23% of which report revenue greater than one million. As a corporate partner, Verizon participated in conference events in an effort to increase LGBT certified suppliers in our supply chain.
Here are some of the highlights from the conference:
- Verizon hosted a Premier Supplier Academy (PSA) in which four NGLCC certified suppliers were given the opportunity to talk about their companies and create meaningful business contacts. The suppliers met with Verizon’s Director of External Affairs as well as one of Verizon’s prime supplier’s VP of Supply Chain. We look forward to successful partnerships as a result of the PSA.
- During the conference, NGLCC announced the development of NGLCC Engagement Centers in which suppliers and large businesses will be able to connect and create meaningful business relationships. Verizon is excited to participate in NGLCC’s newest endeavor.
- Verizon participated in matchmaking appointments with the hopes of meeting new suppliers. We were excited to engage with strong, energetic talent through our appointments.
- Verizon also participated in NGLCC’s walk and talk program. Before the conference day begins, NGLCC corporate partners and diverse suppliers are matched up to take a morning walk. During this time, the diverse supplier is able to pitch their services. Congrats to the NGLCC for creating such an innovative conference program.
- Lastly, Verizon has committed to giving a research grant to NGLCC for the development of a state of the art tech solution to match NGLCC certified suppliers with the needs of corporate prime suppliers. We look forward to the results of the research grant.
After a successful NGLCC conference, Verizon can’t wait to participate in next year’s event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.