NEWARK, N.J. - Beginning today, consumers in six more New Jersey cities and towns have more choice in cable TV providers now that Verizon has introduced FiOS TV, making a broad range of programming choices and superior picture quality available to thousands of additional New Jersey consumers.
Residents in parts of Vineland in Cumberland County, Hawthorne and Prospect Park in Bergen County, Eastampton in Burlington County, Long Branch in Monmouth County and South Plainfield in Middlesex County can now get FiOS TV. With these latest additions, FiOS TV is now available in 310 New Jersey communities, with more to come.
Verizon recently announced that it has added dozens of additional HD channels to its lineup in New Jersey. As a result, FiOS TV now offers more than 400 channels, including up to 100 HD channels, more than any local cable TV company, including Cablevision or Comcast.
Mark Adams, marketing director for Verizon's New Jersey region, said, "FiOS TV gives consumers in New Jersey an outstanding, superior alternative for their video entertainment. With awesome features such as our high-def, multiroom DVR, customers will experience TV as they've never seen it before. We've harnessed the speed and capacity of fiber-based broadband with the power of broadcast to create a revolutionary, new entertainment experience."
New Jersey residents who are FiOS TV-eligible now have the option to trim their monthly bills by bundling FiOS TV service, FiOS Internet service and the Verizon Freedom Value unlimited calling plan, for as little as $94.99 a month.
In addition, new customers who subscribe to FiOS TV between now and Oct. 31 will receive their choice of a year's free use of either a high-definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) or an HD Home Media DVR. Verizon is also offering new FiOS TV customers, or existing customers who upgrade to a bundled package, one free month of HBO and Cinemax, which includes the latest hit movies, documentaries and original programming from more than 25 premium channels and access to hundreds of titles on video-on-demand (VOD). New customers who take advantage of this offer will save between $200 and $260 the first year, depending upon the DVR customers choose.
FiOS TV service highlights include:
- More than 400 all-digital channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, shopping, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming.
- Up to 100 high-definition channels in New Jersey, with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound.
- An industry-leading library of more than 11,000 VOD titles, 70 percent of which are free. In addition, the VOD library includes an increasing number of HD titles, and Verizon plans to offer 1,000 HD VOD titles per month by year-end.
- Set-top boxes ranging from a standard-definition box to the Home Media DVR, featuring a multiroom DVR that enables up to three simultaneous viewings of recorded programs without requiring customers to set up a complex home network or buy extra equipment. The recorder is bundled with Media Manager, which lets customers easily access photos and music from their personal computer and play them on their entertainment center where they look and sound the best.
- An easy-to-use interactive media guide that integrates HD programming, video-on-demand content and the digital video recorder along with broadcast television into a seamless user experience.
- FiOS TV Widgets, a free interactive feature that provides local weather and traffic information.
Programming choices for Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Russian and other multicultural audiences are available in every market. Because FiOS TV has so much capacity, it is an outlet for emerging and independent networks to showcase their diverse programming.
Information on packages and prices is available at www.verizon.com/fiostv. New Jersey customers also can call 1-888-GET-FIOS (888-438-3467) to see if they qualify to order FiOS TV.
Verizon delivers FiOS TV and Internet services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network straight to customers' homes and businesses, providing stunning picture-and-sound quality, a broad spectrum of content diversity, interactive features and the fastest Internet speeds, creating the ultimate home-entertainment experience.
FiOS Internet delivers download speeds of up to 50 Mbps (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, as well as high-quality voice services. This year, Verizon's FiOS Internet service was named the top pick in PC Magazine's 2008 readers' survey and also was named a winner in PC World Magazine's The 100 Best Products of 2008. It was the second year in a row that the broadband service made both lists.
The value of FiOS TV extends to the installation and customer support. Specially trained Verizon technicians will install the service and acquaint subscribers with FiOS TV features and services. Verizon is waiving the installation fee for up to three existing TV outlets, and there is no charge to install a needed optical network terminal at the subscriber's home. Charges for other installation services, such as additional outlets, may apply. Verizon provides 24 x 7 technical assistance by phone from its Fiber Solutions Centers in Freehold and other cities.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving nearly 69 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 228,600 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of $93.5 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.