GTE bolsters broadband, advanced data service offering with addition of Managed Solutions(SM) that provides 24x7 performance management and monitoring of customers' entire data networks.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
IRVING, Texas - GTE today introduced a suite of network management enhancements to provide end-to-end monitoring and management of customers' company-wide networks and high speed data services such as frame relay and asynchronous transfer mode (ATM).
The new fault, configuration and performance monitoring and management services, known as GTE Managed SolutionsSM, help business customers understand exactly what is happening on their network at all times and provides a single point of accountability to ensure rapid service restoral and network optimization. Managed Solutions is a suite of service enhancements based on best-in-class tools, superior networking expertise and a commitment to quality.
"Customers want more than pipes and boxes. They need solutions that will optimize their business," said Parker Blackwell, director-data products and services for GTE Network Services, the incumbent local exchange carrier of GTE Corp. "With Managed Solutions, our customers can focus on their core business while GTE runs their networks and delivers detailed and executive summary information that can be interpreted in business terms."
GTE has offered similar network management capabilities for individual customers, but not as a comprehensive portfolio that is scaleable and national in scope. Managed Solutions represents a significant investment in tools, expertise and integration of workflow and legacy systems to deliver excellent service. In addition, Managed Solutions goes beyond merely delivering reports, and delivers complete service solutions.
Managed Solutions services are available nationwide today, not just in areas where GTE provides local telephone service. In addition to providing visibility into GTE's network services, Managed Solutions manages all of the endpoints of the customers' network, regardless of the carrier.
GTE Managed Solutions consists of five initial services:
- FrameWatchSM: Provides the monitoring and management of customers' frame relay and includes service level agreements, trouble resolution, carrier coordination, and web-based performance reports. FrameWatchSMutilizes the technology of ParadyneTM FrameSaverTM SLV (Service Level Verifier) system to collect performance statistics.
- SiteWatchSM: Provides the 24x7 fault, performance and configuration management of customers' network enabling equipment such as routers, switches and hubs. Customers have web-based fault views and performance reports.
- Managed ATM: Provides customers with 24x7 fault, performance and configuration management of ATM access equipment coupled with GTE's newly tariffed ATM service. GTE provides the installation, maintenance and management to complete the end-to-end service plus adaptation services. Customers have access to web-based fault views and performance reports.
- EproLite: Provides customers with a complete, interactive view of the performance of their entire enterprise network, including all industry standard SNMP and RMON devices. With EproLite, engineers can identify baseline performance levels, quickly spot network trends and verify service levels. EproLite is a subset of GTE's SiteWatch and managed ATM services for performance management. This provides an attractive solution for medium and small business customers.
- Fast Packet Customer Network Management (CNM): Provides the customer a partitioned view of their GTE frame relay and ATM networks. Customers can analyze network traffic, view performance of the switches, determine peak periods and assess the general health of the network. Fast Packet CNM will be available later this year in all GTE markets.
"Our collection of network management systems, technical staffing, and service delivery allows customers to have a more cost effective, higher quality solution than if they tried to purchase the tools, integrate the systems, and staff, train, retain the professionals necessary for around the clock support," said Jay Jones, senior product manager - managed solutions for GTE Network Services.
GTE Managed Solutions will be targeted to a spectrum of business customers and industry including healthcare, government, entertainment, broadcast, education, manufacturing and finance. GTE's data customer premise portfolio includes products from best-in-class data networking equipment providers such as Ascend, Cisco, Fore Systems, Nortel, Paradyne and 3COM.
# # #
With 1998 revenues of more than $25 billion, GTE is one of the world's largest telecommunications companies and a leading provider of integrated telecommunications services. In the United States, GTE provides local service in 28 states and wireless service in 17 states; nationwide long-distance and internetworking services ranging from dial-up Internet access for residential and small-business consumers to Web-based applications for Fortune 500 companies, as well as video service in selected markets. Additional information about GTE can be found at www.gte.com.