Verizon Wireless has been ranked highest among wireless providers in small- and mid-sized business customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Business Wireless Customer Satisfaction Study(SM) released last week. The study found that Verizon Wireless outperformed its competitors and was the only provider that ranked “significantly above segment average at 95% confidence level” in the following categories: performance and reliability, sales representatives/account executives, billings and offerings and promotions. Home-based business customers who participated in the study reported that they were most satisfied with Verizon Wireless’ performance and reliability and sales representatives/account executives.
“Small businesses rely on mobile devices and wireless networks to move their companies forward,” said Mike Lanman, president, Enterprise and Government Markets, Verizon Wireless. “Our strategy for these segments is to offer customers high-performing products and reliable services that provide game-changing productivity improvements and revenue opportunities.”
The study’s performance and reliability category addressed areas including call quality, timeliness of voice mail and text message notifications, ease of connecting calls on the first try, freedom from dropped calls and ease of making calls from various locations. Verizon Wireless small business specialists and sales representatives were rated on knowledge, courtesy, concern for customer needs, responsiveness to requests and questions, and effectiveness of communicating new services, promotions and changes.
The study’s billing index ranked providers on usefulness of information on the bill, variety of methods to pay bills as well as timeliness in receiving statements. The offerings and promotions rating was determined by: wireless plans variety; additional services offered and incentives that recognize loyalty; effectiveness of informational and promotional materials; diverse portfolio of phones and equipment to choose from; and geographic coverage area.
Small- and mid-sized business customers in industries such as financial services, healthcare, construction and transportation can benefit from Verizon Wireless’ products and services including:
- The nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network*
- An expanding lineup of wireless devices, including Android™ and BlackBerry® smartphones, tablets, netbooks, laptop computers, Mobile Hotspots and USB modems
- Cost-saving wireless solutions such as Push to Talk, Field Force Manager and Fleet Administrator
- Machine-to-machine services that support asset management and telematics
- Support from small business specialists in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores throughout the country and technology support 24 hours a day, seven days a week
J.D. Power and Associates surveyed wireless service decision makers at more than 3,100 U.S. businesses between November 2010 and February 2011.
For more information about Verizon Wireless’ products and services for small and mid-sized businesses, visit www.verizonwireless.com/smb, call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or see a small business specialist at any Verizon Wireless Communications Store.
* The company’s “most reliable network” claim is based on network studies performed by test men and test women who conduct more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless’ and other national wireless carriers’ networks while traveling more than one million miles in specially equipped, company-owned quality test vehicles. For more information about Verizon Wireless testing, go to http://aboutus.vzw.com/bestnetwork/reliability.html.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.