SINKING SPRINGS, Pa. - More than 1,700 additional consumers and businesses in the Berks County communities of Sinking Springs, Saint Lawrence and Bernville now have access to Verizon High Speed Internet and can enjoy a low monthly base price that's locked in for life.
Between now and Oct. 31, 2007, qualifying customers who sign up for Verizon High Speed Internet with a two-year commitment will pay the same low monthly base rate for as long as they keep the Internet service over a Verizon phone line.
Verizon recently completed upgrades to customer phone lines for high-speed Internet service, based on DSL technology, in the three communities.
"More consumers in the area now are able to make the high-speed connections that are important to them," said William B. Petersen, president of Verizon Pennsylvania. "Verizon's reliable network now brings consumers a reliable price. "With connection speeds up to 53 times faster than 56K dial-up, delivered to the home over a dedicated line from our central office, Verizon High Speed Internet service makes a real difference in people's online lives," said Petersen. "Our new offer gives customers the confidence that they can enjoy their digital lifestyle for many years with a great rate, backed by the quality of the Verizon network."
Under the new offer, customers who order Verizon High Speed Internet service online with a connection speed of up to 768 Kbps (kilobits per second) and a two-year commitment will pay $14.99 a month for as long as they subscribe to the same price-for-life plan. The same plan applies to Verizon's 3 Mbps (megabits per second) service, which is available online for $27.99 a month. The plan is also available by calling a Verizon customer service representative at 1-800-742-5375, at a price of $19.99 a month for a connection speed of up to 768 kbps and $29.99 a month for a connection speed up to 3 Mbps.
The plan applies to Verizon's base Internet service. Customers can learn more about the price-for-life offer by visiting www.verizon.net/highspeed .
For added savings, consumers who order Verizon High Speed Internet online receive their first month of service for free and a free modem, regardless of the connection speed they choose.
Verizon High Speed Internet Gives Families More
Verizon High Speed Internet is part of the Verizon networks that more than 100 million people rely on every day. The service offers consumers many advantages over dial-up services, including the ability to be online and use their phone at the same time so they no longer miss important calls while enjoying the Internet.
Verizon High Speed Internet service gives customers access to an extensive collection of features and services, including:
- Online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite: In one download, this comprehensive online protection suite provides anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up blocker and privacy manager protection that run continuously behind the scene, as long as the computer is on. The suite automatically updates every three hours, for continuous protection against the latest online threats. The cost is just $4.99 a month for use on up to three household computers.
- Verizon Premium Tech Support: Subscribers to Premium Technical Support benefit from a single point of contact, unlimited use of the service, and expert one-on-one assistance for a wide variety of issues like spyware, adware, viruses, hardware issues, computer operating systems and other problems not typically covered by Internet service providers. Among the computer components and peripherals supported are routers, network cards, video cards, sound cards, CD/DVD reader-writer, hard drives, flash memory systems, printers, scanners, gaming consoles and firewalls. The cost is $9.99 a month.
- Online gaming from Verizon: Play hundreds of the most popular PC games for free with Verizon Arcade, or choose from a variety of Verizon Games on Demand packages, including Family Place, a package that features more than 400 family-friendly casual games for just $7.99 a month.
- Free entertainment for children of all ages with Disney Connection: From activities, games, and classic cartoons to movie previews, music videos and more, Disney Connection provides age-appropriate content for preschoolers, kids, teens and Disney enthusiasts, including access to Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online and Disney Game Kingdom Online.
- Free news from ABC News Now: A 24-hour news and information channel, ABC News Now delivers live breaking news, headlines every half hour and over 25 original news, lifestyle and entertainment programs such as "Politics Live," "What's the Buzz" and "Money Matters."
- Free sports from ESPN360: The service offers programming that includes hundreds of hours of live games, analysis and exclusive content on-demand with exclusive access to the Internet's best events. In 2006, the service delivered more than 200 live sporting events - including FIFA World Cup soccer, college football and basketball, IRL racing, collegiate wrestling and baseball, UEFA Champions league soccer, Wrangler National Finals Rodeo and more.
No matter what speed or plan customers choose, Verizon High Speed Internet includes 24 x 7 live customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, nine e-mail accounts and 10 MB (megabytes) of personal Web space. For additional information about Verizon high-speed Internet plans, consumers can call 1-800-742-5375 or visit www.verizon.net/highspeed to see if the service is available to their homes and to place orders.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 62 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon has a diverse workforce of more than 238,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $88 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.