SUTTON, W.Va. - More consumers and businesses in parts of Braxton County, W.Va., now have access to Verizon High Speed Internet, allowing them to quickly download movies, share photos or video with friends and family, and create their own Internet content.
With the recent installation of new equipment, Verizon now is offering High Speed Internet service, based on broadband DSL technology, to approximately 300 additional consumers and small businesses in parts of the Flatwoods and Heaters communities.
"Today's online world is increasingly interactive, and our customers want to both receive and send data quickly," said B. Keith Fulton, president of Verizon West Virginia. "Faster upstream speed really can make a difference for telecommuters and business customers who e-mail large files or attachments and for the at-home online gamer. These changes are another way Verizon is creating a superior value in home and small-business broadband.
"So, if you've wanted High Speed Internet service from us in the past, but it wasn't in your neighborhood, now's the time to check with us on current availability," Fulton added.
Del. Brent Boggs, D-34th District, said, "Verizon is a vital component in bringing high speed internet service to rural West Virginia. I appreciate the company's willingness to invest in upgrades and improvements to bring this vital infrastructure to unserved and underserved areas of our state."
Qualified customers can sign up for Verizon High Speed Internet service with a connection speed of up to 768 Kbps (kilobits per second) for $21.99 a month. Verizon's 3 Mbps (megabits per second) service also is available for $31.99 a month. Special offers may be available online.
No matter what speed or plan customers choose, Verizon High Speed Internet includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, nine e-mail accounts and 10 MB (megabytes) of personal Web space. For additional information about Verizon High Speed Internet prices and bundled plans, residential consumers can call 1-877-483-5898 or visit www.verizon.net/highspeed to see if the service is available to their homes and to place orders.
About Verizon High Speed Internet
Verizon High Speed Internet service is delivered on a dedicated line from Verizon's central office to the customer's home and is backed by live, 24 x 7 customer service and technical support. High Speed Internet subscribers have access to an extensive collection of features and services, including:
- Online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite: In one download, this comprehensive online protection suite provides anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up blocker and privacy manager protection that run continuously behind the scene. The suite automatically updates every three hours. Just set it and forget it. The cost is just $4.99 a month for use on up to three household computers.
- Verizon Premium Tech Support: A unique service that provides expert one-on-one assistance for a wide variety of issues like spyware, adware, viruses, hardware problems, computer operating systems and other issues that Internet service providers do not typically cover. The service supports routers, network cards, video cards, sound cards, CD/DVD reader-writer, hard drives, flash memory systems, printers, scanners, gaming consoles, firewalls and more. The cost is $14.99 a month.
- Online gaming from Verizon: Play hundreds of the most popular PC games for free with Verizon Arcade, or choose from a variety of Verizon Games on Demand packages starting at $4.99 a month.
- Backup and storage: Automatically backup, share and access important files, such as digital photos, music files and financial records. Plus, share files, photos, music and home videos with family and friends from any Internet connection.
- Free entertainment for children of all ages with Disney Connection: From activities, games, and classic cartoons to movie previews, music videos and more, Disney Connection provides age-appropriate content for preschoolers, kids, teens and Disney enthusiasts. The content includes access to Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online and Disney Game Kingdom Online.
- Free news from ABC News Now: A 24-hour news and information channel, ABC News Now delivers live breaking news, headlines every half hour, and more than 25 original news, lifestyle and entertainment programs such as "Politics Live," "What's the Buzz" and "Money Matters."
- Free sports from ESPN360: The service offers programming that includes hundreds of hours of live games, analysis and exclusive content on-demand with exclusive access to the Internet's best events.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 67 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employed a diverse workforce of approximately 232,000 as of the end of the first quarter 2008 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of $93.5 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.