CANVAS, W.Va. - More consumers and businesses in Canvas, near Summersville, now have access to Verizon High Speed Internet, allowing them to quickly download movies, share photos or video with friends and family, and create their own Internet content.
Verizon recently completed upgrades to customer phone lines for high-speed Internet service, based on DSL technology, in the Nicholas County community. Verizon High Speed Internet provides consumers with broadband speeds much faster than dial-up service.
"More consumers in the area now are able to make the high-speed connections that are important to them," said H. Stan Cavendish, president of Verizon West Virginia. "Verizon is offering them a choice of fast speeds, affordable pricing and a multitude of services, backed by the reliability of the Verizon network."
Because Verizon is so sure that new customers will love its High Speed Internet service, the company is offering them a free, 30-day test-drive if they subscribe to the service online by July 31.
In addition, qualified Verizon phone customers who sign up for Verizon High Speed Internet service before July 31 can get a 12-month price of just $14.99 a month for connection speeds up to 768 Kbps (kilobits per second), whether they subscribe online, call a Verizon service representative or purchase through one of Verizon's retail partners. Or, new customers can choose a higher-speed service of up to 3 Mbps (megabits per second) for an introductory price of $19.99 a month for the first six months when ordered online with an annual service plan.
Verizon High Speed Internet Gives Families More
In addition to faster photo-sharing, Verizon High Speed Internet offers families many advantages over dial-up services, including the ability to be online and use their phone at the same time, so they no longer miss important calls while enjoying the Internet. Unlike some Internet services that are delivered over a network that's shared by the neighborhood, Verizon High Speed Internet offers a dedicated connection between a customer's home and the Verizon central office that serves the customer. The service offers an extensive collection of features and services, and Verizon's worldwide network that 100 million people rely on every day for their voice and data needs. These features include:
- Online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite: In one download, this comprehensive online protection suite provides anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up blocker and privacy manager protection that run continuously behind the scene, as long as the computer is on. The suite automatically updates every three hours, for continuous protection against the latest online threats. The cost is just $4.99 a month for use on up to three household computers.
- Online gaming from Verizon. Play hundreds of the most popular PC games for free with Verizon Arcade, or choose from a variety of Verizon Games on Demand packages, including Family Place, a package that features more than 400 family-friendly casual games for just $7.99 a month.
- Entertainment for kids of all ages with Disney Connection, a safe, ad-free environment that offers a selection of Disney games, activities and video, such as full-length episodes of TV shows from Disney Channel, Toon Disney and Playhouse Disney. Verizon broadband customers also now benefit from full access to Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online and Disney Game Kingdom Online at no additional charge (a $99 retail value).
- News from ABC News Now, an innovative 24/7 news and information network delivering live video news streams, plus original lifestyle, news and entertainment programs packaged in insightful, 15-minute shows for "news snacking."
- Sports from ESPN360, the high-speed Internet video service that gives subscribers exclusive and live sporting events including basketball, football, wrestling and hockey; behind-the-scenes footage and interviews; premieres of ESPN Original Entertainment programs; video games and extended highlights; and unique coverage of big events like U.S. Open Golf, figure skating, soccer and the XGames.
No matter what speed or plan customers choose, Verizon High Speed Internet includes 24/7 live customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, nine e-mail accounts and 10 MB (megabytes) of personal Web space, and unlimited access to premier entertainment on http://surround.verizon.net. For additional information about Verizon high-speed Internet plans, consumers can call 1-800-742-5375; or they can visit www.verizon.net/highspeed to see if the service is available to their homes and to place orders.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving 60.7 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon has a diverse workforce of more than 238,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $88 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.