LANSING, Mich. - More consumers and businesses across Munith, Stockbridge and Webberville have access to Verizon High Speed Internet, allowing them to quickly download movies, share photos or video with friends and family, and create their own Internet content.
Verizon technicians recently installed high-speed Internet equipment, based on digital subscriber line (DSL) technology, at the company's telephone switching facilities in the area, enabling the company to offer broadband service to Munith, Stockbridge and Webberville area consumers.
"More residents and businesses in the area will be able to make the high-speed connections that are important to them," said Sean Majewski, Verizon's director of customer operations for Michigan. "Verizon recognizes that broadband access is a critical link for education, safety and information, and our significant investment here means that many more customers will have access to affordable and reliable high-speed Internet service."
Verizon High Speed Internet service is delivered on a dedicated line from Verizon's central switching office to the customer's home or business and is backed by live, 24 x 7 customer service and technical support. The service typically is available to residents and businesses that are located within roughly three miles of the company's central switching offices.
Verizon High Speed Internet subscribers have access to an extensive collection of features and services, including online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite; Verizon Enhanced Email; Verizon Premium Tech Support; Online gaming; free news from ABC News Now; free sports from ESPN360; and more.
For additional information about Verizon High Speed Internet prices, features and bundled plans, residential consumers can call 877-483-5898 or visit www.verizon.net/highspeed to check their eligibility or to place orders.
Verizon High Speed Internet for Business packages offer a choice of speeds, static IP addresses, remote dial-up access, networking and domain name e-mails. Area businesses can get more information about service availability and pricing by calling 888-814-6405 or visiting www.verizon.com/businessdsl.
Bundled Services Bring It All Together for Customers
Verizon customers also can bundle Verizon High Speed Internet service with a Verizon Freedom calling plan and all-digital DIRECTV service, giving them unlimited calling, high-speed Internet access and in-home video service for additional savings - all on one bill from a name they trust. With ONE-BILL service, customers can even add their Verizon Wireless account to their bill for added convenience.
With Verizon Double Freedom, customers can choose Verizon's most popular unlimited calling plan, known as Verizon Freedom Essentials, and combine it with Verizon High Speed Internet service or with DIRECTV® service billed through Verizon. Verizon Triple Freedom links a combination of the Freedom Essentials calling plan and Verizon High Speed Internet with DIRECTV service.
About Verizon High Speed Internet
Verizon High Speed Internet service is delivered on a dedicated line from Verizon's central office to the customer's home and is backed by live, 24 x 7 customer service and technical support. High Speed Internet subscribers have access to an extensive collection of features and services, including:
- Online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite: In one download, this comprehensive online protection suite provides anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up blocker and privacy manager protection that run continuously behind the scene. The suite automatically updates every three hours. Just set it and forget it. The cost is just $4.99 a month for use on up to three household computers.
- Verizon Premium Tech Support: A unique service that provides expert one-on-one assistance for a wide variety of issues like spyware, adware, viruses, hardware problems, computer operating systems and other issues not typically covered by Internet service providers. The service supports routers, network cards, video cards, sound cards, CD/DVD reader-writer, hard drives, flash memory systems, printers, scanners, gaming consoles and firewalls and more. The cost is $14.99 a month.
- Online gaming from Verizon: Play hundreds of the most popular PC games for free with Verizon Arcade, or choose from a variety of Verizon Games on Demand packages, including Family Place, a package that features more than 400 family-friendly casual games for just $7.99 a month.
- Free entertainment for children of all ages with Disney Connection: From activities, games and classic cartoons to movie previews, music videos and more, Disney Connection provides age-appropriate content for preschoolers, kids, teens and Disney enthusiasts. The content includes access to Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online and Disney Game Kingdom Online.
- Free news from ABC News Now: A 24-hour news and information channel, ABC News Now delivers live breaking news, headlines every half hour, and more than 25 original news, lifestyle and entertainment programs such as "Politics Live," "What's the Buzz" and "Money Matters."
- Free sports from ESPN360: The service offers programming that includes hundreds of hours of live games, analysis and exclusive content on-demand with exclusive access to the Internet's best events.
- One-of-a-Kind NFL Experience Online: Customers who subscribe to Verizon High Speed Internet and DIRECTV from Verizon enjoy the added benefit of free access to NFL Network Game Extra, a unique service that includes live, online broadcasts of Thursday and Saturday pro football games. Viewers of the online broadcasts will have access to alternate camera angles and live audio feeds and have the ability to view one of four camera angles, or all four angles simultaneously. The online service can be accessed anywhere in the world through any broadband connected computer.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 67 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employed a diverse workforce of approximately 232,000 as of the end of the first quarter 2008 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of $93.5 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.