COLUMBUS, Ohio - More consumers and businesses in Ohio can enjoy the benefits of broadband as Verizon Online expands availability of its High Speed Internet Service in the following 19 cities: Ashland, Bellevue, Bowling Green, Brunswick, Bryan, Celina, Cheshire Center, Delaware, Englewood, Lodi, Logan, Marion, Montrose, North Baltimore, Norwalk, Oberlin, Sylvania, Wadsworth and Waverly.
Verizon High Speed Internet service (based on DSL technology) is now available to 6,400 more customers in the state due to recent technological upgrades.
"If you've wanted Verizon broadband service for your home or business from us in the past, but it wasn't available in your neighborhood, now's a great time to check with us on current availability," said Mike Millegan, senior vice president-general manager for Verizon's Midwest region. "We're making Verizon High Speed Internet available to more communities, and our rates are more attractive than ever."
Verizon High Speed Internet service features a variety of prices and speeds, including a consumer service that's priced lower than many dial-up plans. For added savings, consumers who order Verizon High Speed Internet online receive their first month of service for free, regardless of the plan they choose.
New Verizon High Speed Internet customers who sign up online before July 31 can get super-fast Internet connections at a maximum connection speed of up to 3.0 Mbps (megabits per second) downstream and up to 768 Kbps (kilobits per second) upstream for $19.99 per month for the first six months and $29.99 per month thereafter with a one-year commitment.
Qualifying customers who sign up online at www.verizon.net/highspeed can also choose Verizon High Speed Internet with maximum connection speeds up to 768 Kbps downstream and up to 128 Kbps upstream for only $14.99 per month with an annual service agreement.*
In addition, the company has a number of Verizon High Speed Internet plans that offer excellent value for small-business customers.
Verizon High Speed Internet Gives Families More
Verizon High Speed Internet offers consumers many advantages over dial-up services, including the ability to be online and use their phone at the same time so they no longer miss important calls while enjoying the Internet.
Unlike some Internet services that are delivered over a network that's shared by the neighborhood, Verizon High Speed Internet offers a dedicated connection between a customer's home and the Verizon central office that serves the customer. The service offers an extensive collection of features and services, and Verizon's worldwide network, which 100 million people rely on every day for their voice and data needs. These features include:
- Online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite: In one download, this comprehensive online protection suite provides anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up blocker and privacy manager protection that run continuously behind the scene, as long as the computer is on. The suite automatically updates every three hours, for continuous protection against the latest online threats. The cost is just $4.99 a month for use on up to three household computers.
- Online gaming from Verizon. Play hundreds of the most popular PC games for free with Verizon Arcade, or choose from a variety of Verizon Games on Demand packages, including Family Place, a package that features more than 400 family-friendly casual games for just $7.99 a month.
- Entertainment for children of all ages with Disney Connection, a safe, ad-free environment that offers a selection of Disney games, activities and video, such as full-length episodes of TV shows from Disney Channel, Toon Disney and Playhouse Disney. Verizon broadband customers also now benefit from full access to Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online and Disney Game Kingdom Online at no additional charge (a $99 retail value).
- News from ABC News Now, an innovative 24/7 news and information network delivering live video news streams, plus original lifestyle, news and entertainment programs packaged in insightful, 15-minute shows for "news snacking."
- Sports from ESPN360, the high-speed Internet video service that gives subscribers exclusive and live sporting events including basketball, football, wrestling and hockey; behind-the-scenes footage and interviews; premieres of ESPN Original Entertainment programs; video games and extended highlights; and unique coverage of big events like U.S. Open Golf, figure skating, soccer and the XGames.
No matter what speed or plan customers choose, Verizon High Speed Internet includes 24/7 live customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, nine e-mail accounts and 10 MB (megabytes) of personal Web. For additional information about Verizon high-speed Internet plans, consumers can call 1-800-742-5375 or visit www.verizon.net/highspeed to see if the service is available to their homes and to place orders.
* NOTE: actual throughput speeds may vary.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving 60.7 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon has a diverse workforce of more than 238,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $88 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.