The new Bell Atlantic launches customer care program
Merged company offers guarantees on service, network reliability
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
- Product satisfaction guarantee: Bell Atlantic will offer residential and business customers a 60-day money back guarantee on a host of our most popular features, including Caller ID, Call Waiting, and Voice Mail. Customers will receive a full credit for applicable monthly and one-time charges if they are dissatisfied and notify Bell Atlantic within 60 days of receiving the service.
- We're not finished until you say so: When it comes to installation and repair, we'll keep working until you're satisfied that the work we've promised you is complete. We'll even follow up with a service verification call within 24 hours of a technician's visit.
- Automatic out-of-service credit: When customers report their service is out and the problem is not fixed within 24 hours, they'll receive a hassle-free, automatic prorated credit for the time they were without service.
- Credit for misdialed calls or calls with poor transmission: Bell Atlantic will provide an appropriate credit to customers who report a transmission problem when talking with friends or family or if they misdial a Bell Atlantic voice toll call.
- Emergency service when you need it. The new Bell Atlantic will strive to keep customers connected when there is a service outage. During emergencies or prolonged service outages, customers can have their calls forwarded to another local number, or to another one of their lines, until the problem is fixed.
- Consistent network monitoring. Bell Atlantic has state-of-the-art systems and processes that constantly monitor the network for our customers, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This effort supports and reinforces our commitment to superior customer service.
- 99.9 percent network reliability. We're dedicated to achieving this performance level throughout our region with a variety of new and ongoing service improvement programs and continuing investment in our network infrastructure.
- Constantly upgrade the network with leading-edge technology. Bell Atlantic will invest $5 billion this year to deploy state-of-the-art innovations across its network. The company already provides a 95 percent all-digital network, with thousands of state-of-the-art fiber optic lines throughout our region, widespread access to ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) and other high-technology services. We are dedicating an additional $4 billion annually to keep customers' local connections operating smoothly, backed by the skills of 90,000 service employees.