Verizon has unveiled bold new FiOS bundles that include even more high-definition programming options, plus unprecedented, symmetrical Internet service featuring equal upstream and downstream connections of up to 35 megabits per second (Mbps).
"The unparalleled FiOS home-entertainment and broadband experience just got even better," said Mike Ritter, Verizon chief marketing officer. "Customers can now benefit from even faster two-way Internet connections that maximize today's interactive Web; more high-definition programming options and premium channel extras; plus long-term discounts customers can rely on for ongoing savings."
Verizon's new symmetrical FiOS Internet offerings are the first of their kind available to U.S. consumers on a mass scale. The two-way-fast speeds enable and enhance services like social networking, video conferencing, work-at-home, online multi-player gaming, telemedicine, electronic home-energy and security monitoring, online work collaboration, data backups and more. And unlike some providers, Verizon does not penalize customers for using all the speed they need.
Verizon FiOS customer Matt Brodeur of Millbury, Mass., said his family relies on fast upload speeds from FiOS to link their computer, Internet and TV for videoconferencing.
"We use our FiOS Internet for video chats with my in-laws in Florida so they can see their grandchildren while talking to them," he said. "Our cable company never came close to providing the upstream speed we needed for this kind of two-way communication."
(For additional information, including videos and more, visit http://verizon.mediaseed.tv/Story.aspx?story=37278.)
New Bundles Packed With Speed and HD
New double-, triple- and quad-play bundles are available with a 24-month service agreement that guarantees the customer's rate will not change for two years. FiOS bundles are also available in month-to-month plans that do not require a minimum term agreement. To explore Verizon's many bundle options and order service, visit www.verizon.com/bundles or call Verizon at 1-888-GET-FIOS.
New triple-play bundle options with a service agreement are:
- Ultimate: FiOS TV Ultimate HD includes 90 or more HD channels; premium content from EPIX, Showtime, TMC, Flix and the NFL RedZone; FiOS Internet service with an ultra-fast, symmetrical connection speed of up to 35/35 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - all available for $139.99 a month. In the New York City area this bundle also includes HBO/Cinemax and other premium channels, for a total of 125 or more HD channels, and is available for $149.99 a month.
- Extreme: FiOS TV Extreme HD includes 65 or more HD channels; FiOS Internet service with an ultra-fast, symmetrical connection speed of up to 25/25 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - available for $124.99 a month. In the New York City area this bundle also includes Showtime, TMC and Flix, for a total of 80 or more HD channels, and is available for $119.99 a month.
- Prime: FiOS TV Prime HD includes 40 or more HD channels; FiOS Internet service with a connection speed of up to 15/5 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - available for $109.99 a month. In the New York City area this bundle includes all of the TV content offered with FiOS TV Extreme HD, for a total of more than 65 HD channels.
The Ultimate and Extreme triple-play bundles - as well as the Prime triple-play bundle in the New York City market area - include free access to thousands of Wi-Fi hot spots across the U.S. Customers also have access to Verizon's leading FiOS TV video-on-demand service, with more than 18,000 monthly titles - including 2,800 in HD - and FiOS TV's advanced interactive media guide, with access to social-networking, news and entertainment widgets and more.
Customers Get Extra Savings and Value With Choice of Promotional Offers
New customers who sign up for a qualifying bundle by April 17 can choose from a variety of promotional incentives for even more savings and value, including:
- A 12-month introductory price of $89.99 for customers who subscribe to the Prime HD triple-play bundle, $114.99 for the Extreme HD triple-play bundle and $129.99 for the Ultimate HD triple-play bundle. In the New York City area the prices for these bundles would be $89.99, $99.99 and $129.99, respectively.
- A free Verizon Home Media DVR, plus a free standard- or high-definition set-top box for six months (up to a $179 value). Customers can use the Home Media DVR to record programming that can be viewed on up to six additional TV sets throughout the home. The DVR also enables customers to access their photos, videos and music, plus search for and enjoy online videos from blip.tv, Dailymotion and Veoh all from the comfort of their living room, only on FiOS TV. Customers who choose this option also qualify for special introductory prices of $99.99 for the Prime HD triple-play bundle, $124.99 for the Extreme HD triple-play bundle and $139.99 for the Ultimate HD triple-play bundle. In the New York City area the 12-month introductory prices for these bundles would be $99.99, $109.99 and $139.99, respectively.
And, as always, customers who order their bundles online get the best price in the market, receiving an additional $5 off their monthly service rate for the first year of service.
Verizon's FiOS services are delivered over the company's all-fiber-optic network, directly to homes and businesses. FiOS provides next-generation interactive services including an advanced interactive media guide; social TV, news and entertainment widgets; remote DVR management; multi-room DVR; and more. For more information about the many benefits of Verizon FiOS services, visit http://factsonfios.com/reasons.html.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 89 million customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 230,000 and last year generated consolidated revenues of more than $97 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.