New Verizon Internet Security Suite Helps Protect Consumers and Small Businesses
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
NEW YORK - Small businesses and consumers can count on a new service from Verizon for online safety and security. Verizon's Internet Security Suite helps provide comprehensive computer protection for Verizon Online customers with a unique package of anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up/ad blocker software, and content management and privacy controls.
"Because there are more and more threats online, it's more important than ever that people protect their computers and themselves," said Vijay Venkateswaran, director - product management and development for Verizon. "But many Internet users are equipped with only outdated security programs or none at all.
"Our customers want protection that's simple, automatically updated to stay current against the newest online threats and that is always at work for them. Our new Verizon Internet Security Suite delivers all that plus great value," he said.
In one download, Verizon Security Suite provides safer surfing, guards against invisible threats, fights malicious programs, and makes it tougher for hackers to attack. The suite of services is designed to run behind the scenes, as long as the computer is on. The suite automatically updates every three hours, not just when a computer is rebooted, helping ensure that customers are protected against the newest threats with the latest detection methods.
The Verizon Internet Security Suite service's features include:
- Anti-spyware -- Offers powerful, up-to-date protection that automatically detects and eliminates a broad range of the "malware" and tracking software that inappropriately tracks personal information and is widely responsible for degrading PC performance and online access. This service acts as a preventive step against the installation of hidden programs in a customer's system and can detect and remove more than 60,000 kinds of spyware.
- Anti-virus - Helps protect against known malicious viruses, worms and Trojans by detecting them, removing them and cleaning the affected files. The service runs in the background and blocks incoming virus attacks and related threats, including e-mail. Updates occur every three hours and are transparent to the end-user.
- Firewall -- Acts as a shield to automatically block unauthorized intrusions, malicious hackers and other hostile attempts to access customers' computers. The Firewall is an easy-to-use, yet powerful defense for both dial-up and high-speed connections.
- Parental control -- Allows consumers to monitor and manage Internet usage by determining the types of content and specific sites that may be accessed, and prevents children from divulging their names or other personal information during Web browsing. Parents can also define appropriate Internet usage and schedules, and block access to non-permitted Internet Web sites.
- Pop-up/ad blocker -Helps ensure a browsing session that is faster and less cluttered by blocking online ads such as pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, animations and tile ads
- Privacy manager -- Scans all outgoing communications for sensitive or identifying information to help prevent its release without user consent. It also provides control over cookies and how much information Web sites record about browsing habits. And it has a cleanup utility feature that allows users to automatically remove traces of data left behind by Internet Explorer, MSN Explorer and Windows.
- Content management -- Enables small-business customers to increase employee productivity by controlling the time of day and day of week for Internet access as well as ensuring users do not receive or have access to information not intended for them.
Verizon Internet Security Suite service is compatible with most standard Internet browsers.
Verizon Online small-business and consumer customers can purchase this comprehensive suite of services and protect up to three computers for $7.95 a month. For $4.95 a month, customers can get all security services for one computer. The first month of service is free for all Verizon subscribers.
Small-business customers can order Verizon Internet Security Suite by either contacting their Verizon Business Sales Center or by visiting http://www.verizon.com/desktopsecurity. Consumers can order by contacting their Verizon Consumer Sales Center or visiting http://www.verizon.net/securitysuite. The online sites give instructions for determining the best security package for customers' needs, as well as detailed download instructions.
Verizon Communications Inc.
With more than $71 billion in annual revenues, Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is one of the world's leading providers of communications services. Verizon has a diverse work force of 214,000 in four business units: Domestic Telecom provides customers based in 28 states with wireline and other telecommunications services, including broadband. Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 45.5 million voice and data customers across the United States. Information Services operates directory publishing businesses and provides electronic commerce services. International includes wireline and wireless operations and investments, primarily in the Americas and Europe. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.