Small businesses should ask a few simple questions when choosing an Internet service provider (ISP). Price shouldn't be your top priority; you need an ISP that can act as your virtual CIO (chief information officer). Most importantly, you need a network that will support your business and provide the services you need as your business grows. Verizon offers all this and so much more. Before locking your business into a contract with just any ISP, find out the answers to the questions below.
Does your service provider offer:
- Enough bandwidth to upload a MRI image in minutes or download documents in no time?
- Fast Internet speeds that support high-bandwidth applications?
- Dedicated Internet connection directly to your business?
- Services available as a stand-alone or discounted in a service bundle?
- 24 x 7 live tech support -- your own virtual CIO?
- A small-business portal that gives you free resources to help you manage, grow and better run your business?
- Additional discounts to FedEx, Office Depot, and Chase Paymentech, a credit processing service?
- Services such as e-mail and document encryption, Internet security and online collaboration -- which require no equipment at your business or maintenance on your part?