Verizon Business, New Global Communications Provider, Opens for Business Worldwide; Launches Integrated Product Portfolio and Advertising Campaign
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. - Verizon Business, the new provider of advanced communications and information technology (IT) solutions to large businesses and government, today officially opened for business at its offices in more than 75 countries around the world. It unveiled a robust line of integrated services - including new integrated wireless and wired network access offerings - and a targeted advertising campaign to introduce and establish the Verizon Business brand in the business marketplace.
Created by the merger of Verizon Communications and MCI, Verizon Business enters the market with an unwavering commitment to customer care, an unmatched set of global network assets, and a broad product portfolio enabling it to offer some of the highest standards of service quality, value and technological innovation in the industry. Verizon Business currently serves 94 percent of the Fortune 500 largest companies, is the leading communications provider for the federal government and also provides services to some of the nation's largest states, including California and New York.
"The launch of Verizon Business is a game-changing event in the business communications marketplace," said John Killian, president of Verizon Business. "While our unparalleled network assets and next-generation products help customers transform the way they do business, our customer-first philosophy will redefine the service delivery model for our industry. At Verizon Business, innovation is not limited to the products we sell - it is also applied to enhance the standards of performance excellence that we deliver to the customers we serve."
Integrated Next-Generation Solutions
The new Verizon Business product suite combines the capabilities of the former Verizon Enterprise Solutions Group and MCI to offer a comprehensive portfolio of advanced end-to-end communications and IT solutions to satisfy the needs of our customers. Verizon Business will use its global reach, local density and unsurpassed combination of wireless and wireline capabilities to be a single-source provider of complete local-to-global IP networking, managed services, security, IT services, mobility and business continuity solutions, and more.
The new integrated wireless and wired network access offerings in the U.S., announced by Verizon Business today, are designed to enable workforce mobility and maintain uninterrupted business operations. The new offerings demonstrate the benefits of the merger by combining the power of Verizon Wireless, America's most reliable network, with the Verizon Business global IP network.
"Together with our customers, we are leading the IP transformation and changing the way business is done with new efficiencies and capabilities," said Killian. "Our extensive broadband footprint - combined with award-winning IP solutions, such as VoIP and Managed Services - immediately set us apart from the competition."
Verizon Business backs its service quality and customer support across its product portfolio with competitive service-level commitments and provides customers with some of the highest performance and reliability levels available today. Throughout 2006, Verizon Business will introduce a continuing series of new products and services to help customers enhance their business practices and advance their competitive edge.
The new Verizon Business portfolio includes:
- Data and IP Networking Solutions - Companies can take advantage of the breath and depth of Verizon Business' local-to-global private networking capabilities, including a broad range of Internet access services, world class Private IP, an MPLS-based global networking solution, one of the broadest and deepest Ethernet footprints, optical network solutions and traditional data services such as frame relay, ATM and private line.
- Managed Services - Verizon Business' expertise managing large customer WAN and LAN network environments protected by its "cloud-to-core" security solutions constitute an award-winning solution suite, featuring the company's IMPACT network management system and Finium security platform.
- Advanced Voice Applications - Verizon Business is taking voice to the next level with a wide range of groundbreaking VoIP solutions and Contact Center Services, featuring speech recognition and Web-based offerings, and advanced collaboration solutions through its premier Conferencing services.
- IT Services - Helping customers meet a wide range of requirements from simple collocation to full IT applications management, Verizon IT Solutions allow customers to focus on their core business while trusting their data to a secure, stable and reliable technology infrastructure. Verizon Business offers a comprehensive range of integrated IT solutions enabling enterprise applications to be hosted either at a customer's location, in the Verizon Business network or within a data center.
- Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) - From network-based services to CPE solutions, Verizon Business is a leader offering a full range of tailored solutions to meet individual customer location requirements.
- All-Distance Voice Services - Through its local network depth and global network reach, Verizon Business is able to benefit customers with all-distance services that begin and end on a single-source provider's world-class network.
'High-Tech, Human-Touch' Customer Approach
Verizon Business' new print, broadcast and online advertising campaign is targeted for business and government market audiences and highlights the "high-tech, human-touch" approach to business service delivery adopted by Verizon Business. Through its local sales and service branch system, Verizon Business' expert global sales and service force is dedicated to harnessing the power of communications and information technology for their customers, while partnering with them to deliver responsive, personalized service and support. In addition, the online Verizon Business Customer Center portal gives customers the flexibility to determine the level of account and service management -- including network monitoring and configuration, service ordering, trouble ticketing, and online billing and payment -- they wish to handle themselves.
"Our unique branch sales office structure places Verizon Business account teams closer to our customers '" said Killian. "Similarly, the Verizon Business Customer Center portal puts online service and account management tools at our customer's fingertips. From at-your-side support to online self-service and all points in between, our objective is to deliver an unmatched customer experience, geared to a customer's personal preferences. This will be a major element of the Verizon Business difference."
This proven formula for success already defines Verizon Business as a market leader in key industry segments including financial services, retail, manufacturing, health care, federal, state and local government, and education.
Verizon Business' Fortune 500 customers include Boeing, CSX, and McDonald's among others. The company manages some of the world's most complex and sophisticated networks with some of the highest performance commitments available today for customers including NASDAQ and the Federal Aviation Administration. As the leading communications provider for the federal government, Verizon Business serves the U.S. Postal Service and U.S. Department of Defense through its FTS2001 agreement with the U.S. General Services Administration.
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a leading provider of advanced communications and information technology (IT) solutions to large business and government customers worldwide. Combining unsurpassed global network reach with advanced technology and professional service capabilities, Verizon Business delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world. For more information, visit www.verizonbusiness.com.
# # #