Verizon Expands High-Speed Internet Access to More Than 4,000 Additional Residents on Maryland's Eastern Shore
SALISBURY, Md. - More Maryland consumers and businesses in Queen Anne's, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester counties now have access to Verizon High Speed Internet, allowing these customers to quickly download movies, share photos or video with friends and family, and create their own Internet content.
With the recent installation of equipment at 15 sites, Verizon now is offering High Speed Internet service, based on broadband DSL technology, to approximately 4,000 additional consumers and small businesses in the following areas:
- In Centreville: near Northfield Way and Willow Branch Road.
- In Easton: near Chapel Road, Cordova Road, Mulberry Drive and Maryland Route 1037.
- In Herring Creek: near Maid At Arms Lane.
- In Romancoke: near Romancoke Road.
- In Salisbury: near Allen Road, Johnson Road, Maxi Hut Parsonsburg, Mitchell Road, Salisbury Boulevard and West Road.
"Today's online world is increasingly interactive, and our customers want to both receive and send data quickly," said William R. Roberts, Verizon regional president for Maryland and Washington, D.C. "Faster upstream speed really can make a difference for telecommuters and business customers who e-mail large files or attachments and for the at-home online gamer. These changes are another way Verizon is creating a superior value in home and small-business broadband.
"So, if you've wanted High Speed Internet service from us in the past, but it wasn't in your neighborhood, now's the time to check with us on current availability," Roberts added.
Qualified Verizon phone customers who order Verizon High Speed Internet service online with a connection speed of up to 768 Kbps (kilobits per second)* with a one-year commitment will get the first month of service free then pay $12.99 for the next six months and $17.99 for the remainder of the year. The same one-year commitment applies to Verizon's up to 3 Mbps (megabits per second) service, which is available online for $29.99 a month with the first month free.
In addition to deploying broadband technology, Verizon last year introduced several internet and TV packages that enable customers to bundle a Verizon Freedom calling plan with unlimited calling, all-digital DIRECTV in-home video service, Verizon High Speed Internet service where available, and Verizon Wireless service. This provides additional savings - all on one bill from a name customers trust.
With Verizon Double Freedom, customers can choose Verizon's most popular unlimited calling plan, known as Verizon Freedom Essentials, and combine it with either Verizon High Speed Internet service up to 3 Mbps or with a Verizon Wireless calling plan with 450 anytime minutes, Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes and Unlimited IN Calling, with free calling between wireless phones and a customer's home landline billed through Verizon on a single bill.
Each two-service combination is priced from $64.99 to $74.99 (effective May 1 the range is $64.99 to $79.99) a month, depending on the combination of services purchased.
Verizon Triple Freedom links a combination of the Freedom Essentials calling plan and Verizon High Speed Internet (up to 3 Mbps) with either DIRECTV service for only $99.99 or Verizon Wireless for $104.99 a month. And, for $139.99 a month, a customer can order Verizon Ultimate Freedom which includes Freedom Essentials, Verizon High Speed Internet service up to 3 Mbps, DIRECTV and a Verizon Wireless calling plan with 450 anytime minutes, Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes and Unlimited IN Calling, with free calling between wireless phones and a customer's home landline - also billed through Verizon on a single bill.
Verizon High Speed Internet Gives Families More
Verizon High Speed Internet is part of the Verizon network that more than 100 million people rely on every day. The service offers consumers many advantages over dial-up services, including the ability to be online and use their phone at the same time so they no longer miss important calls while enjoying the Internet.
Verizon High Speed Internet service gives customers access to an extensive collection of features and services, including:
- Online protection with Verizon Internet Security Suite: In one download, this comprehensive online protection suite provides anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, parental control, pop-up blocker and privacy manager protection that run continuously behind the scene, as long as the computer is on. The suite automatically updates every three hours, for continuous protection against the latest online threats. The cost is just $4.99 a month for use on up to three household computers.
- Verizon Premium Tech Support: Subscribers to Premium Technical Support benefit from a single point of contact, unlimited use of the service, and expert one-on-one assistance for a wide variety of issues like spyware, adware, viruses, hardware issues, computer operating systems and other problems not typically covered by Internet service providers. Among the computer components and peripherals supported are routers, network cards, video cards, sound cards, CD/DVD reader-writer, hard drives, flash memory systems, printers, scanners, gaming consoles and firewalls. The cost is $9.99 a month.
- Online gaming from Verizon: Play hundreds of the most popular PC games for free with Verizon Arcade, or choose from a variety of Verizon Games on Demand packages, including Family Place, a package that features more than 400 family-friendly casual games for just $7.99 a month.
- Free entertainment for children of all ages with Disney Connection: From activities, games and classic cartoons to movie previews, music videos and more, Disney Connection provides age-appropriate content for preschoolers, kids, teens and Disney enthusiasts. The content includes access to Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online and Disney Game Kingdom Online.
- Free news from ABC News Now: A 24-hour news and information channel, ABC News Now delivers live breaking news, headlines every half hour, and more than 25 original news, lifestyle and entertainment programs such as "Politics Live," "What's the Buzz" and "Money Matters."
- Free sports from ESPN360: The service offers programming that includes hundreds of hours of live games, analysis and exclusive content on-demand with exclusive access to the Internet's best events. In 2006, the service delivered more than 200 live sporting events - including FIFA World Cup soccer, college football and basketball, IRL racing, collegiate wrestling and baseball, UEFA Champions league soccer, Wrangler National Finals Rodeo and more.
No matter what speed or plan customers choose, Verizon High Speed Internet includes 24 x 7 live customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, nine e-mail accounts and 10 MB (megabytes) of personal Web space. For additional information about Verizon high-speed Internet plans, consumers can call 1-800-742-5375 or visit verizon.net/highspeed to see if the service is available to their homes and to place orders.
* NOTE: Actual (throughput) speeds will vary.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving 63.7 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon has a diverse workforce of nearly 238,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $88 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.