In what is set to be the biggest Game Day-watching event of the year, 1,400 Verizon FiOS TV subscribers across the country will take part in the Verizon FiOS Game Day Viewing Parties this Sunday (Feb. 7). The parties recruit passionate FiOS fans to host simultaneous in-home football-watching get-togethers for friends and neighbors on the biggest pro-football day of the year. The parties enable Verizon to show off FiOS TV's stunning, pure HD picture-and-sound qualities by engaging customers directly.
"FiOS subscribers are a passionate group of advocates, and we're thrilled so many of them are opening their homes to show off FiOS TV's dynamic and interactive fiber-optic capabilities," said John Wimsatt, senior vice president of marketing for Verizon.
"By engaging our customers directly, we can bring to life our game-changing TV service to thousands of people across the country. And, as we know, once someone has experienced FiOS directly, there's no going back to cable."
To help plan and manage the FiOS Game Day Viewing Parties, Verizon partnered with House Party (www.houseparty.com), a leading consumer activation and experiential marketing company.
Verizon and House Party are providing party packs to each host to help make the parties more fun and interactive. Each pack includes a Flip UltraTM Camcorder, which hosts are encouraged to use during the party to capture the excitement of the event, and then upload the videos online to the Verizon FiOS Game Day Watching Party site.
"Got my party pack today - two days after getting the confirmation e-mail. It's awesome!" said FiOS customer Lawrence Potts. "I think this whole House Party concept is pretty cool. FiOS has spoiled me for any other TV viewing and Internet experience."
FiOS TV Advanced Features Enhance Football Viewing
The immense capacity of Verizon's advanced all-fiber-optic network gives FiOS subscribers amazing new services and experiences that take in-home sports enjoyment to a level that far surpasses old-school cable. Among the FiOS TV features that Verizon FiOS Game Day Viewing Party attendees will have the opportunity to experience are:
- Stunning Picture-and-Sound Quality -- FiOS TV delivers pure HD picture and sound. Unlike some cable providers, FiOS TV HD quality is not deteriorated by the recompression of HD signals before they are passed on to customers. Plus, FiOS TV offers 100 percent digital quality on every channel.
- Pro Football Widget -- Keeps subscribers up to the minute on NFL action, with quick access to rosters, player details and headline news.
- Twitter Widget -- Subscribers can use FiOS TV's Twitter Widget to log on to Twitter to offer up their own game commentary right on their TV screen while watching the game.
- Home Media DVR -- Subscribers never have to miss a game because they're away or because the family wants to watch something else on the big screen. Verizon's advanced DVR lets subscribers record programming on one set that can then be watched on up to six other TV sets in the home. Subscribers can also pause recorded programming on one set and continue to watch it on another - and can take the recorded game to any room without missing a play.
- Remote DVR Management -- Forgot to set the DVR to record the game? No worries. Subscribers can remotely manage their FiOS DVR via any broadband connection or any broadband-enabled cell phone.
- Media Manager -- Subscribers can create their own personal half-time show by using Verizon's Media Manager service to stream photo slide shows, music and videos from their home computer or laptop to their home entertainment system.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 91 million customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of approximately 222,900 and last year generated consolidated revenues of more than $107 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.
About House Party
Founded in 2005, House Party (www.houseparty.com) (corp.houseparty.com) is a leading consumer activation and experiential marketing services company that engages thousands of qualified consumer advocates who host in-home parties featuring a brand, product or element of entertainment programming. Managed via a proprietary, customized online community space for each brand event, consumers engage both in home and online to explore and promote brands they love. Headquartered in Irvington, NY, House Party works with such industries as consumer packaged goods, food & beverage, television, theatrical releases, consumer electronics, pharmaceutical, toys & games and automotive. Current clients include NBC, Disney, Ford, Kraft, Microsoft and P&G.