More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
HONOLULU -- Verizon Hawaii customers can now get a $15 monthly discount on Verizon Online DSL (digital subscriber line) high-speed Internet access when they purchase a new package of telecommunication services, VeriationsSM with DSL, that combines local, long-distance and DSL service on one bill.
Nearly eight of every 10 Verizon Hawaii customers say that one-stop shopping and a single bill are the most important features of a telecommunications package.
"Our newest bundle delivers savings, simplicity and high value for customers," said Warren Haruki, president of Verizon Hawaii.
The Veriations with DSL package provides a discount of $15 off the $49.95 monthly price for Verizon Online DSL or a $2.95 discount for dial-up Internet access from Verizon Online. The new package includes:
- The Local Package, which consists of basic telephone service, unlimited local directory assistance, touch call service and the customer's choice of up to 14 premium calling services, such as Caller ID, Call Waiting and Three-Way Calling.
- Verizon's Timeless long-distance plan with rates of 8 cents per minute for state-to-state calls with no monthly recurring charge.
- Verizon Online DSL service with connection speeds of up to 768 kilobits per second downstream and 128 kilobits per second upstream or Verizon Online dial-up Internet service.
VeriationsSM for Business with DSL, a package for business customers, provides a 10 percent discount on DSL service. The package includes:
- Verizon's Centranet or WorkSmart local business line package.
- Verizon long-distance service with rates as low as seven cents per minute.
- Verizon Online DSL service at speeds up to 1.5 MB downstream and 768 kbps upstream.
To order or to get more information, customers can call 643-3456 (residential) or 643-4411 (business) toll-free, or go online to www.verizon.net. They can also visit a Verizon Plus store and request a DSL demonstration. Verizon expects to offer another package that includes Verizon Wireless services later this year.
DSL service generally is available to homes and offices located within approximately three miles of Verizon's local switching center or "central office." Technical limitations may interfere with the ability of individual telephone lines, even when the lines are within three miles of a DSL-equipped central office.
Downstream and upstream speeds describing Verizon Online's DSL services are maximum connection speeds between the customer's computer and Verizon's DSL equipment. Actual connection speeds will vary from the maximum speeds and often will be lower. Throughput or download speeds will be lower than connection speed and vary based on telephone line condition and distance from Verizon's central office, home or office wiring and the server or router speed of sites visited on the Internet, among other factors.
Verizon Online is a full-service Internet service provider, offering dial-up, DSL and dedicated Internet access services for residential consumers and businesses. DSL Internet access services are available in 23 states and the District of Columbia.
Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) is one of the world's leading providers of communications services. Verizon companies are the largest providers of wireline and wireless communications in the United States, with 135.8 million access line equivalents and 32.5 million Verizon Wireless customers. Verizon is also the largest directory publisher in the world. With more than $67 billion in annual revenues and 229,500 employees, Verizon's global presence extends to 33 countries in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific. For more information on Verizon, visit www.verizon.com.