NEW YORK - Verizon Thursday (July 10) launched FiOS TV for Business, a new subscription-television service designed for small and medium-sized businesses, delivered exclusively by Verizon's advanced all-digital, 100 percent fiber-optic network. The new offering makes the remarkably crystal-clear picture quality and reliability of FiOS TV readily available to all types of small-business venues - ranging from medical office waiting rooms to banks, building lobbies, restaurants and taverns.
"The introduction of FiOS TV for Business brings an extraordinary TV experience to the commercial viewing space," said Monte Beck, vice president of business marketing for Verizon. "Judging from the positive consumer response we've had to FiOS TV, it can give a competitive advantage to businesses that offer TV viewing to their customer."
Verizon FiOS TV for Business is immediately available in select areas of the 13 states where more than 1.2 million customers already subscribe to the residential version of the service. The states are: California, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas and Virginia.
Pricing for FiOS TV for Business begins at $49.99 per month in most areas for small-business customers. Service highlights include:
- Up to 400 all-digital TV and music channels to choose from.
- Approximately 30 high-definition channels (varies by market) with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound. Verizon has started to add more HD channels, and plans to expand its lineup to offer all available major HD programming by year-end.
- An industry-leading library of more than 10,000 video-on-demand titles each month, 70 percent of which are free.
- Channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, shopping, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming.
- An easy-to-use interactive media guide that integrates HD programming, on-demand content and the digital video recorder along with broadcast television into a seamless user experience.
- Pay-per-view access to the most anticipated sporting events, concerts, movies and much more.
- A wide array of programming choices for Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Russian and other multicultural audiences are available in every market.
As part of its introduction of FiOS TV for Business, Verizon is offering an online rebate of $409 to new business customers who sign up for a year of both FiOS TV for Business and ultra high-speed FiOS Internet for Business. Existing FiOS Internet for Business customers are eligible for a $170 online rebate when they order FiOS TV for Business with a one-year agreement.
About FiOS TV
FiOS TV is currently available to more than 6.5 million homes in select areas in 13 states. In the less than three years since the service was launched, the company has signed up more than 1.2 million FiOS TV residential customers who enjoy hundreds of digital video and music channels, high-definition linear and on-demand programming, the nation's largest collection of video-on-demand content, a robust interactive media guide, and other advanced features.
For more information about FiOS TV for Business go to www.verizon.com/bizfiostv or call 1-877-240-8215.
Small and medium-sized businesses recently voted Verizon as the best telecommunications company to meet their business needs according to City Business Journals Networks.
Verizon offers a variety of award-winning products and services that allow businesses to customize the solutions they need to better compete in the marketplace. In addition to TV, broadband Internet access and phone service, solutions include online backup storage, E-mail encryption and communications management tools. Verizon business customers who purchase services totaling at least $125 per month may be eligible to enroll in Verizon Business Link Rewards to earn bonus credits to redeem for gift certificates, travel and merchandise.
For news, resources and more tools for Verizon's business customers, visit The Verizon Small Business Center at http://business.verizon.net.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 67 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employed a diverse workforce of approximately 232,000 as of the end of the first quarter 2008 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of $93.5 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.