Verizon SuperPages.com Launches the Web's Most Comprehensive Shopping Experience -- Just in Time for the Holidays
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
DALLAS - Verizon SuperPages.com is giving holiday shoppers their own gift this year, thanks to new shopping features that create the most comprehensive and convenient online shopping tool available.
After entering a search on www.superpages.com, shoppers can now use four easy-to-navigate tabs to find, compare, purchase and bid on the presents for everyone on their lists - without jumping from site to site or fighting the mall crowds. With just one search, shoppers can:
- Click on Yellow Pages to find the best local deals from merchants around town, from the best bakery to the hip new clothing boutique. Search by topic or business name -- and shoppers can customize the search to find the nearest businesses.
- Click on Merchandise to comparison-shop and buy products from thousands of online merchants nationwide. Search results include product specifications, prices, ratings, reviews, pictures and availability.
- Slide over to the eBay Results to bid on millions of products, buy at the seller's price, ask questions and view details about the items.
- Select Web Results to research and compare products. The section filters spam and inappropriate content to return precision results.
"SuperPages.com is now the premier shopping destination that gives shoppers the most choices in what, how and where to buy just about anything, all in one place," said Eric Chandler, vice president of marketing for Verizon Information Services. "It takes less time for shoppers to find exactly what they want, leaving more time to spend with family and friends this holiday season. "It's almost like hiring someone else to do your shopping for you!"
For example, a consumer shopping for a digital camera for a holiday gift would enter "digital camera" in the Key Word search box of SuperPages.com and then be able to "click" on the various sections to obtain detailed information including:
- A list of local stores that carry digital cameras (Yellow Pages).
- Product descriptions from digital camera manufacturers (Merchandise). Here, shoppers can also compare prices, read product reviews and buy the camera online.
- Purchase new or pre-owned cameras (EBay Results).
- Content and information about digital cameras, without conducting a separate Internet search (Web Results).
"Whether they're looking to buy online or comparison shop to find the best deal at a local store, shoppers have the most choices to make confident buying decisions with SuperPages.com," said Chandler.
A preview version of the new shopping features was launched last week.
Verizon Information Services and SuperPages.com
Verizon Information Services is the world's leading print and online directory publisher, a content provider for communications products and services, and the largest publisher of Hispanic directories in the U.S. With operations in 14 countries and annual revenues of more than $4.3 billion, Verizon Information Services publishes more than 1,200 U.S. Verizon yellow pages directories and nearly 400 international directories with a total circulation of approximately 150 million copies worldwide.
Based in the Dallas area, Verizon Information Services produces and markets SuperPages.com, the Internet's #1 online directory and shopping resource. SuperPages.com receives as many as 14 million visits and 9 million unique visitors a month and powers directory services on MSN, InfoSpace, Excite, Lycos, HotBot, and BigFoot as well as more than 2,500 affiliate Web sites.
Verizon Information Services is a unit of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), one of the world's leading providers of communications services. With a diverse workforce of approximately 208,000, Verizon has three other business units: Domestic Telecom serves customers based in 29 states with wireline telecommunications services, including broadband, nationwide long-distance and other services. Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 42.1 million voice and data customers across the United States. International includes wireline and wireless operations and investments, primarily in the Americas and Europe. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.