The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions appear to have the most people in the nation staying at home, according to the latest Verizon Network Report.
As online collaboration surge nearly 10X versus a typical day and growth in other internet uses has started to stabilize
We’re giving access to learning tools, news and premium entertainment channels, at no additional costs
Verizon offers enhanced pay for essential on-site employees
Verizon teams up with FaZe Clan and Marshmello to expand its Pay It Forward Live into gaming and support for small businesses
Latest Verizon Network report shows customers are creating a new weekend normal of fun and fellowship
- Verizon delivers connectivity for USNS Comfort, enabling communication and technology
- Verizon’s fiber optic and wireless networks have been able to meet the shifting demands of customers and continue to perform well.
- Verizon Network Report shows people are getting back to work - remotely
- Verizon gives customers learning tools and premium TV at no additional cost to assist with new at-home realities
- Verizon is delivering solutions that allow healthcare professionals to stay connected to patients and each other.
- Verizon kicks off Pay It Forward Live entertainment series to support small businesses through the COVID-19 crisis; Will donate up to $5M to Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Reinforces pledge to Keep Americans Connected and goes further to protect most vulnerable.
- Waives overage charges and late fees to support customers who may be financially affected by the COVID-19 crisis:
- Announces two months waived internet and voice service charges for current Lifeline customers and new affordable internet option for low-income households.
- Adds 15GB of high speed data for wireless consumer and small business customers to be automatically applied with no customer action necessary.
- Provides first responders with priority and preemption abilities for voice and data.
- No data caps for Consumer and small business Fios and DSL broadband internet plans
- Expanding work-from-home policy to include reduction of retail locations and hours across the country; closed stores on Sundays; fewer employees working at stores; limiting the number of customers in our stores at one time.
- Verizon owned and operated stores reduce hours of operation - and move to In Store Pickup Only transactions beginning 3/30. In accordance with CDC recommendations, all customers who visit a Verizon corporate store are required to wear a mask or cloth face covering. Those who do not, will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Tripling our data allowance for Verizon Innovative Learning schools; Total of $12 million donated to the World Health Organization, nonprofits directed at supporting students and first responder healthcare workers
- Supporting our communities with $19 million dollars in donations to nonprofits directed at supporting students, healthcare first responders and small businesses
- Investing in our economy by increasing our capital guidance range from $17 - $18 billion to $17.5 - $18.5 billion in 2020.
- Yahoo creates coronavirus hub page, across the Yahoo ecosystem, to ensure consumers have trusted and reliable news and content about the pandemic in the U.S. and across the globe.