Verizon Enterprise Solutions delivers the connected world. During the fourth quarter, the company helped global clients provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services like global networking and security, business communications, IT solutions and managed services. 4Q 2015 highlights include:
Clients and Partners:
- Yamaha Motor – one of the world’s largest manufacturers of motorcycles, marine and other motorized products – chose Verizon to support two of its critical Information Technology programs. Verizon’s Investigative Response team works with Yamaha Motor’s Computer Security Incident Response Team to further reinforce its global security capabilities. Additionally, Verizon Digital Media Services helps the company deliver high-quality content to online users in select geographic locations in East Asia.
- Tennis Australia selected Verizon to assess the controls, maturity and performance of its information security program. Tennis Australia is the governing body for the sport of tennis in Australia, including the Australia Open.
- Diebold, Incorporated, a leading global provider of self-service technology, software and services to financial, commercial, retail and other markets, chose the Librestream Onsight video collaboration platform operating on Verizon’s leading 4G LTE wireless network to equip field service teams with video-enabled tools that help serve customers more efficiently and effectively.
- Verizon joined IBM’s Sports and Entertainment Global Consortium to design, build and deliver the ultimate fan experience.
- Verizon won new business, expanded current service or began agreed-upon work for a number of well-known global brands, including The Kroger Company, Advance Auto Parts, Sunoco, FirstEnergy, General Electric, Albertsons Companies, thyssenkrupp, Deluxe Corporation, Apollo Global Management, IXcellerate, Defense Information Systems Agency and the City of Houston (Texas).
Global Networking and Security:
- Verizon expanded its Secure Cloud Interconnect Service, moving into Latin America and adding sites in Europe and the US. The company also doubled the size of its footprint in the Asia-Pacific region and added a secure, direct connection to IBM Cloud.
- Verizon unveiled enhanced global collaboration portfolio capabilities based on Cisco WebEx Cloud Connected Audio, Collaboration Meeting Room and Verizon’s UCCaaS Mobile First service.
IT Solutions and Managed Services:
- Verizon expanded the NAP of the Capital Region, increasing the capacity to provide colocation, managed hosting and cloud computing services to global enterprises and US national and international governments and organizations.
- Verizon unveiled Verizon Intelligent Cloud Control, which lets clients take advantage of software to drive real-time, automated price, performance and compliance-based cloud workload placements. This service will allow enterprises to control public cloud workloads through a single Verizon interface, budget and control public cloud spend to help avoid billing surprises, and maintain the performance and compliance of workloads beyond CSP-specific cloud monitoring.
Internet of Things:
- Verizon introduced a comprehensive strategy to simplify the Internet of Things (IoT), accelerate adoption among consumers and businesses, and bring more solutions to market, including the expansion of ThingSpace and the availability of the world’s first CAT1 LTE network features for IoT. The company also unveiled Verizon Intelligent Traffic Management Service, a new IoT platform service for smart cities that will help transform how public agencies utilize data to improve traffic flow.
Reports and Research:
- Verizon released its third annual State of the Market: Enterprise Cloud 2016 report, providing original data and analysis of cloud usage within the enterprise and its impact on the IT organization and business at large. It is the only report combining internal data from one of the industry’s most experienced cloud services providers with data and insight from third-party analyst and research firms. It presents both a snapshot of current cloud trends, along with analysis and predictions on the future of cloud in the enterprise.
- Verizon released the first ever Protected Health Information Data Breach Report. This report provides analysis of confirmed personal health information breaches involving more than 392 million records, 1,931 incidents, across 20 industries in 25 countries, finding that PHI is carried by 90 percent of industries studied.
- Customer Experience in the Digital Age: The New Competitive Edge, a report from Harvard Business Review Analytic Services, sponsored by Verizon Enterprise Solutions, stated that organizations must focus on customer experience to get ahead of competitors – and that technology is the key enabler to becoming best-in-class.
- Verizon released the second annual Verizon Retail Index. The Index identified broadband and mobile traffic patterns during the holiday season that Verizon attributed to consumer ecommerce activity in the United States.
Industry Analyst Relations:
- Verizon was recognized by the technology industry analysts in the areas of M2M and IoT, enterprise and managed mobility, collaborative services, global and US business enterprise support, and cloud computing. Frost & Sullivan gave Verizon’s Grid Wide utilities solution a Best Practices Award. Current Analysis assessed Verizon‘s Global M2M Services and Strategy, Global Managed Mobility Services, Enterprise Mobility Portfolio and Strategy, and Global Collaboration and Communications Services as “very strong.” IDC also recognized Verizon as a Leader in their MarketScape for Worldwide UCaaS Service Provider Vendor Assessment. Additionally, Gartner recognized Verizon’s cloud services in the Asia-Pacific region as a Niche Player as part of their Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, Asia/Pacific. This rating acknowledged Verizon as among a limited number of providers who bring cloud services to this particular market.