Verizon Enterprise Solutions delivers the connected world. During the first quarter, we helped global clients provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services like global networking and security, business communications, and IT solutions and managed services. First quarter 2016 highlights include:
- Promeditec, a developer of IT solutions that help accelerate clinical trials, chose Verizon to support the delivery of its AppClinical Trial solution that provides an online environment for the set up and management of clinical trials. Hosting the software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution in Verizon’s virtual private cloud in the NAP of Amsterdam ensures AppClinical Trial is always available and can be quickly scaled to support new trials.
- Verizon was awarded a spot on the Defense Information Systems Agency’s Global Network Services (GNS) contract. The delivery-indefinite quantity agreement has a ceiling of $4.3 billion with a five-year base term and five one-year options.
- Verizon was awarded a spot on the Commonwealth of Virginia’s contract to help enable digital government initiatives across the state. The multiple-award, competitive contract known as VITAnet is managed by the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA), the Commonwealth’s consolidated information technology organization, and has a value of $150 million with a five-year base term and five one-year options.
- Verizon also either won new business, expanded current service or began agreed-upon work for a number of well-known global brands, including 1-800-Flowers, Bank of America, Dana Holding Corporation, the Florida Sheriffs Association, PSE&G, South Australia Health & Medical Research Institute, and Wyndham Worldwide.
- Verizon unveiled a new value added distributor program for the company’s enterprise technology services. SYNNEX Corporation is the first value added distributor and will include Verizon’s Rapid Response Retainer in the portfolio of connectivity, security, cloud and collaboration services it provides its network of solution providers.
- Verizon strengthened its presence in the Asia-Pacific region with a new partner program. The Verizon Partner Program (VPP) will offer systems integrators and solution providers opportunities to tap into Verizon’s expertise in network, managed security, cloud, advanced communications, connected devices and professional services.
- Actifio, a copy data virtualization company, teamed with Verizon to bring advanced copy data virtualization capabilities to Verizon’s global client base. This solution helps take the complexity out of data replication, and gives enterprises a single Web interface to move, access and protect stored data.
- Splunk Inc. and Verizon joined forces to bring analytics-driven, predictive threat detection to enterprises and government agencies. Together, the companies are addressing the market need for more sophisticated risk management solutions.
- Verizon and Viptela joined forces to deliver a new software defined networking solution using Viptela’s Software Defined WAN Platform to provide enterprises with next-generation networking. Viptela also entered into an exclusive managed services arrangement with Verizon in the United States.
- The City of Boston and Verizon announced a new partnership to make Boston one of the most technologically advanced cities in the country by replacing its copper-based infrastructure with a high-speed, high performance fiber-optic network platform across the city. Through an investment of more than $300 million from Verizon over six years, this change will support the ongoing efforts to spur innovation and economic opportunity for Boston-area based businesses as well as consumers. This includes a “smart cities” trial that will address traffic safety and congestion.
- Verizon and the Networks Division of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced the immediate availability of the 4G LTE Network Extender for Enterprise designed to enhance indoor wireless coverage for the enterprise.
- Verizon announced a new Unified Customer Experience solution. The latest addition to the company’s continually evolving Customer Contact Solutions portfolio will enable enterprise and government agencies to deliver a personalized and superior omni-channel experience to clients. It offers multiple options for connecting with customers, including the callback service (used when call volumes are high), or interactive voice recognition and speech analytics (designed to deliver a personalized experience).
- Verizon and Cisco announced an agreement to deliver Cisco Spark, a new cloud-based collaboration service, to Verizon’s customers. This is part of Verizon’s plan to offer a broad range of next-generation collaboration solutions to enterprises.
- Verizon rolled out a new capability that allows enterprises to access their “virtual office” via Verizon’s 4G LTE private network. Previously only available on its wireline network, this new option enables businesses to enhance access to collaboration and communication tools with enterprise-class performance and reliability. The solution is well suited to businesses in the retail, finance and healthcare.
Internet of Things and Mobility:
- Verizon’s 4G LTE wireless network was rated No. 1 in overall network performance for the fifth consecutive testing period among the four national wireless companies in the United States by RootMetrics in its National Rootscore® Report.
- Verizon began conducting field tests to make 5G a reality, working with its 5G Tech Forum partners – Apple, Cisco, Ericsson, Intel, LG, Nokia, Samsung and Qualcomm — to align on technical requirements and standards.
Reports and Research:
- Verizon unveiled its first Data Breach Digest, a behind-the-scenes look at cyber investigations that tell the stories behind the Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR). The new report details 18 real-world data breach scenarios based on their prevalence and/or lethality in the field.
- Verizon released the second annual “State of the Market: Internet of Things 2016” report. Revenue growth is the main factor driving IoT adoption in the enterprise, according to the report, and going forward IoT deployments are seen as a mainstream path to generating higher revenues.
Industry Analyst Relations:
- For the ninth consecutive year, Verizon was placed as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global. Gartner’s Network Services report assesses the ability to execute and completeness of vision of enterprise-class networking services worldwide. This acknowledgment comes at an important inflection point where global networks are experiencing rapid change, driven by the enterprises’ growing adoption of cloud IT services and the emergence of new software defined network (SDN) technologies.