Verizon Enterprise Solutions: 4Q 2016 highlights
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
Verizon Enterprise Solutions delivers the connected world – simply, securely and reliably. During the fourth quarter, we helped global clients provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services like advanced connectivity, collaboration and managed services. Fourth quarter 2016 highlights include:
Clients and Partners:
- Verizon entered into new agreements, continued or completed work with a number of clients, including AECOM, ICICI Bank, LBC Tank Terminals Group, Nanyang Technological University and Target Corporation.
- Verizon is one of six service providers selected to deliver next-generation telecommunications services including network carriage, managed networks and internet connection services, to the Australian Federal Government.
- HubOne, one of the world’s first cloud integrators, was named to the Verizon Partner Program. HubOne provides Verizon’s network, security and cloud services to its customers throughout Australia.
Awards and Appointments:
- Frost & Sullivan recognized Verizon Enterprise Solutions with the 2016 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Market Leadership, based on its recent analysis of the voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) access and session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking services market.
- George Fischer was named president of Verizon Enterprise Solutions (VES). He is responsible for delivering business solutions to Verizon’s global enterprise clients in key industries: healthcare and insurance; financial services; technology; manufacturing and automotive; transportation and distribution; retail; energy and utilities; and the public sector.
- Verizon launched the third annual Holiday Retail Index, by Verizon offering insights into online retailer traffic trends for retailers, distributors, manufacturers, hospitality companies and others who care about the season’s retail trends.
- Oracle selected Verizon’s Secure Cloud Interconnect services to provide its customers reliable, secure, enterprise-class connections to the Oracle Cloud. With Verizon Secure Cloud Interconnect for Oracle FastConnect, customers can now connect to Oracle Cloud data center sites located in the U.S. and Europe. In-region connectivity helps improve performance by reducing latency and providing strong quality of service.
- Verizon announced managed IT services designed to help United States federal government agencies manage disparate IT investments and address federal security standards. Verizon Global Enterprise IT Management (GEITM) service provides managed, unified IT service delivery from a platform built to meet the Federal Information Security Management ACT (FISMA) High level requirements.
Internet of Things
- Canary, the all-in-one security solution with HD camera, siren and air monitor, passed rigorous testing to attain the first Internet of Things (IoT) security certification from ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon. The Canary device helps consumers safeguard their home by sending alerts to an app on a smartphone when activity is detected. It will now carry the ICSA Labs’ IoT mark of approval indicating the Canary solution underwent stringent security testing.