INDIANAPOLIS, IN — Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider, has added two new cell sites and enhanced digital coverage of 34 existing sites for its customers across the Indianapolis area. The network upgrades will enable customers to experience clearer reception and fewer dropped calls.
Recent network enhancements have taken place in the following areas:
- Downtown Indianapolis: increased capacity at seven cell sites in downtown Indianapolis, improving quality for downtown commuters and visitors at Circle Centre Mall, Indiana Statehouse, Indiana Convention Center and RCA Dome
- Indianapolis Northside: added capacity to 10 cell sites across northern Indianapolis, improving quality in and around the Fashion Mall at Keystone and Castleton Square Mall
- Indianapolis Southside: upgrades to 12 cell sites across southern Indianapolis, improving service at Greenwood Park Mall, and in and around Beech Grove and Center Grove
- Kokomo: enhanced capacity to three cell sites in and around Kokomo, including at Delphi Delco Electronics Systems and DaimlerChrysler's Kokomo Transmission Plant
- French Lick: addition of new cell site, improving coverage at French Lick Springs Resort, West Baden Springs Hotel, along U.S. Highway 150 and state Routes 145 and 56
- Palmyra: addition of new cell site, improving coverage along U.S. Highway 150 between Hardinsburg and Greenville, and along SR-135 between Salem and Corydon
- Edinburgh: upgrades to two cell sites near Edinburgh Outlet Center
"Verizon Wireless is committed to providing our customers with the best network," said Greg Haller, president, Indiana/Kentucky/Michigan Region, Verizon Wireless. "We understand our customers expect that when they press 'send' on their wireless phones, their calls will go through, sound clear and stay connected for the duration of their conversation. That's why we spent more than $67 million on our network last year. In 2004, our network remains our top priority."
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $12 billion over the past three years in its national network, offering customers access to the most extensive and reliable wireless voice and data network in the United States.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 37.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com.####