EL PASO, TX — Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, announced promotional calling plans that allow customers to include Juarez, Mexico as part of their monthly plan's local calling area without incurring roaming or long distance charges while in the coverage area.
The new calling plans are available to customers in El Paso, Texas and southern New Mexico.
"The new Juarez Anytime Calling Plans provides savings to customers even when they are across the border," said Tami Erwin, Southwest Region president, Verizon Wireless. "The plans is a great service to customers who travel to Juarez frequently and want to stay in touch with friends and family especially during the busy holiday season."
Verizon Wireless customers can choose from three Juarez Anytime Calling Plans, starting at $39.99 for 400 minutes to $79.99 for 1,400 minutes.
Monthly Access $39.99Anytime Minutes 600Night/Weekend UnlimitedLocal IN-Calling Promotion(Available in the US only) Unlimited
Monthly Access $59.99Anytime Minutes 1,000Night/Weekend UnlimitedLocal IN-Calling Promotion(Available in the US only) Unlimited
Monthly Access $79.99Anytime Minutes 1,400Night/Weekend UnlimitedLocal IN-Calling Promotion(Available in the US only) Unlimited
In addition to the Juarez Anytime CallingSM Plans, Verizon Wireless also offers North America's Choice Plan, a unique calling plan that includes the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico as part of subscribers' monthly plan calling area.
Verizon Wireless offers a wide range of products and services targeted to meet the needs of Latino and Spanish-speaking customers, including the following:
- Spanish-language Web site: www.verizonwireless.com/espanol
- Univision's suite of applications including, Melodías, Tarjetas, Imágenes and Sonidos.
- Get It Now®, and Latin ring tones - Modtones under "Latin Garage" include ring tones from hit songs of artists like Shakira, Los Tigres del Norte, Alejandro Sanz, Juan Gabriel and many others.
- Spanish directory assistance (411) in almost all Western states.*
- Expanded roaming areas throughout Mexico.
- Spanish language voice mail is available in virtually all Western states.*
- Sponsorship of the broadcast and grassroots events surrounding the Copa America soccer tournament and various Latino cultural events throughout the country.* Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and El Paso, Texas.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 42.1 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.####