MILWAUKEE, WI — To help make this holiday season trouble-free for customers, Verizon Wireless offers the following tips and resources through its Get It Now® applications that can make this time of the year less stressful and more enjoyable.
Resources for Holiday Travel*
- Plan in advance. Map out your trip before leaving to ensure you know the best way to get there. With MapQuest Mobile, customers can download driving directions and calculate reverse directions all on their wireless phone.
- Avoid holiday traffic. What's worse than holiday traffic? Getting stuck in it. With Traffic Map, travelers can obtain information on expected travel times and their average speeds, as well as updates on accidents and road construction. Information automatically is refreshed, providing immediate updates.
- Call ahead. Don't leave anything to chance. With SuperPagesTM 2.0, customers can find businesses and people on the fly. Once found, places can be bookmarked to find what you need-fast.
- Watch the weather. Be sure to stay tuned to the latest weather conditions. With Radar by The Weather Channel®, travelers can view current conditions, hourly forecasts and seven-day forecasts for more than 40,000 U.S. locations, all while on the go.
- Tame the "Are we there yet?" syndrome. Long drives, flights and downtime can make for antsy children. To keep the kids happy, tap into getGAMES. With getGAMES, you can download your children's favorite games from movies like Spider-Man, Lord of the RingsTM, Shrek 2 TMand Finding Nemo anytime, anywhere.
Get It Now resources are not limited to travel. Below is a list of additional features that can help keep Verizon Wireless customers on track in the midst of the holiday hustle and bustle.
Resources for Happy Holiday Living*
- Maintain your regular diet. With Diet TinyAssist, you can track and manage your nutritional needs from a large database of the most popular foods and recipe ingredients. Set your personal daily goals and list the foods you eat-you will always know your daily nutritional balance.
- Share holiday moments with loved ones. With getPIX, customers with camera-enabled phones can share pictures with family and friends by sending the pictures to their mobile phone or email or by posting them on Pix Place, the accompanying website to Verizon Wireless Picture Messaging.
- Keep your schedule in check and your holiday lists at the ready. With Organize X, access daily calendars, holiday lists, calculators and a digital wallet containing information such as passwords, credit card data, etc.
- Remember your budget. Stay within budget with Budget Assist. Verizon Wireless customers can use this very simple and flexible tool to track all holiday expenses.
- Keep up with your favorite teams. The Packers are playing on Christmas Eve, and fans need to be "in the know." With ESPN BottomLine, get late-breaking news and real-time scores of the Packers or any of your favorite teams anytime, anywhere-including the dinner table.
All the services listed are available to Verizon Wireless customers with select Get It Now-enabled phones. Get It Now is Verizon Wireless' virtual store with more than 500 applications available for download, including games, ring tones, productivity tools and entertainment applications. Download charges for Get It Now applications vary and airtime charges apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. Customers need a Get It Now-enabled handset and Verizon Wireless digital service to access the Get It Now virtual store.
Get It Now phones are available in more than 1,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, at participating Circuit City, RadioShack and Best Buy locations, and on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. For more information about Get It Now, visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow.
*The services listed above may require airtime usages and monthly subscription rates. Application availability will vary by phone.
About Get It Now Get It Now from Verizon Wireless puts a virtual software store inside a wireless phone and lets customers download applications over the air and purchase them directly from their phones. Virtual shopping aisles, including getGAMES, getTONES, getGOING, getPIX, getFUN and getMESSAGING, are organized to help customers find what they want, when they want it.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 42.1 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.####