BEDMINSTER, NJ and LIBERTYVILLE, IL — Verizon Wireless, the nation's leader in wireless broadband services, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in wireless communications, today announce the availability of the Motorola E815 consumer handset. The latest addition to the V CAST lineup, the Motorola E815 delivers Verizon Wireless' hot V CAST wireless broadband multimedia service and a host of other cutting-edge features such as a 1.3 mega pixel camera and embedded Bluetooth technology for hands-free communication.
The Motorola E815 takes on-the-go entertainment to a new level with Verizon Wireless' V CAST multimedia service which enables consumers in the V CAST service area to access short video content on-demand, including current news, weather, sports and entertainment programming. With V CAST and the Motorola E815, Verizon Wireless customers can also download and enjoy 3D games and music videos, view concert performances from favorite artists and short programs designed specifically for mobile phones, and experience other compelling video content.
The Motorola E815's impressive photo, video and music options, coupled with capabilities to access Verizon Wireless' leading wireless broadband multimedia service makes the Motorola E815 a fully loaded handset offering customers the latest in technology:
Features and Specifications
- 1.3 Mega Pixel camera with flash, 4X digital zoom control, 5 and 10 second self timer, four resolution settings (120 x 160, 240 x 320, 480 x 640, 1024 x 1280)
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology Supports headset and hands-free profiles and allows phonebook/datebook synchronization with compatible PCs with optional Verizon Wireless Office Kit or Motorola Mobile Phone Tools kit (does not support OBEX Profiles, including transfer of games, ring tones, picture and video messages)
- V CAST- and Get It Now-enabled Allows customers to use on-demand video services and download and play advanced 3D games; Get It Now offers a library of more than 500 downloads including ring tones, games, messaging options and more
- Mobile Web 2.0 capable browse the latest news, weather, sports scores and more
- PIX Messaging-, TXT Messaging- and EMS Messaging-capable
- Memory Expansion Slot
- Datebook, calculator, alarm clock and contact directory that stores up to 1000 contacts
- Advanced speech recognition Polyphonic ringer and sound capability
- Built-in speakerphone
- TTY and TDD enabled for the hearing impaired
- All Digital
- 1XRTT & EV-DO high speed data capable
- Dimensions: 3.69" x 1.89" x 1.01"
- 2.2" 176 x 220 internal screen up to 262K colors
- 1.3" 96 x 64 external color display up to 4K colors
- Weight: 4.6 ounces (with standard battery)
- Up to 280 minutes usage time or up to 280 hours standby time
The Motorola E815 retails for $99.99 after a $50 rebate and two-year customer agreement and is available in select Verizon Wireless Communications stores, including those in Circuit City, and select Best Buy and select RadioShack stores nationwide. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. For additional information on Motorola products, please visit www.hellomoto.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 45.5 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About MotorolaMotorola is a Fortune 100 global communications leader that provides seamless mobility products and solutions across broadband, embedded systems and wireless networks. In your home, auto, workplace and all spaces in between, seamless mobility means you can reach the people, things and information you need on the go. Seamless mobility harnesses the power of technology convergence and enables smarter, faster, cost-effective and flexible communication. Motorola had sales of US $31.3 billion in 2004. For more information: www.motorola.com.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. © Motorola, Inc. 2005.####