SAN DIEGO and BEDMINSTER, NJ — Today, LG Electronics MobileComm and Verizon Wireless announced the launch of the new VX5200 handset, a powerful and compact new camera phone styled in LG's trademark clamshell design and featuring a comprehensive list of features, including full duplex speakerphone and advanced voice command capabilities. With an integrated VGA CMOS digital camera, easy access to Verizon Wireless' Get It Now® and Mobile Web 2.0SM services, the VX5200 offers customers a full suite of the features guaranteed to appeal to everyone from teens to executives.
The VX5200 is the perfect phone for today's most active wireless users. With its robust voice command and full duplex speakerphone capabilities, Verizon Wireless customers will experience a new level of convenience - audio confirmation of menu selections, speaker-independent voice recognition and voice command capabilities allow for easy hands-free use. For ring tone happy customers, the VX5200 comes equipped with its own 15 uniquely designed ring tones and a 32-chord polyphonic sound support system, giving Verizon Wireless customers a crystal clear reason to download their favorite ring tone from the getTONES shopping aisle of the Get It Now virtual store.
TXT Messaging and Picture Messaging capable, the VX5200 is the perfect handset for staying in touch. Verizon Wireless snap-happy customers can take and send the picture messages with the VX5200's VGA CMOS camera. Customers will never miss a moment with digital zoom, integrated flash and room to save up to 200 photos in the phone's gallery. Whether in a meeting or at a baseball game, the VX5200 helps customers share special moments with friends and family.
The VX5200 showcases a long list of the most useful features that customers have come to expect from LG and Verizon Wireless, including voice memo recorder, personal organizer, EZ Tip calculator, 98-entry speed dial and full color internal and external LCD screens.
The VX5200 also features Verizon Wireless' intuitive user interface that provides easy and quick access to all features and services via a multi-level menu. The customer-focused user interface, developed by Verizon Wireless, enables customers to use their device intuitively to extend the wireless experience beyond voice calling, by allowing one click access to Messaging, Mobile Web, Get It Now and phone features on the device itself. Even novice users can navigate their way to most functions without training.
Packed full of the latest in wireless technology, the VX5200 includes:
- 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA/AMPS (Tri-Mode)
- Data Transmission: 1xRTT
- Memory: 32 MB Flash/8 MB SRAM
- Dimensions: 3.46" (H) x 1.85" (W) x 0.94" (D)
- Weight: 4.16 oz.
- Internal LCD Display: 65K Color STN, 128 x 160 Pixels, 9 Lines
- External LCD Display: 65K Color STN, 96 x 64 Pixels, 3 Lines
- Standard Battery: 1,000 mAh Li-Ion
- Usage Time: Up to 3.3 Hours*
- Standby Time: Up to 165 Hours*
- VGA CMOS Digital Camera with Flash
- 2x Digital Zoom
- Capacity to Save up to 200 Photos
- Three Camera Resolutions: 640x480, 320x240, 160x120 Pixels
- Self Portraits with Flip Closed
- Customizable Brightness, White Balance, Shutter Sound, Color Effects
- Five Shot Multishot Adjustment
- Self Timer: 3, 5 and 10 Seconds
- Speaker-Independent Voice Recognition -- make calls and access essential features
- Voice Commands: "Call Someone," "Voicemail," "Digit Dial," "Service Alerts," "Missed Calls," "Contacts," "Announce," "Time & Date," "Phone Status"
- Full-Duplex Speakerphone
- 32-Chord Polyphonic Sound Support
- Voice Memo Recorder (1 Minute Each; Up to 100 Memos Total)
- Announce Mode -- audio confirmation of menu navigation
- 15 Unique ring tones and the ability to download more with Get It Now**
- Vibrate and Silent Modes
- Mobile Web 2.0 -- customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more**
- Get It Now Capable -- download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more**
- Mobile Instant Messaging (IM)**
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) -- send & receive messages comprised of a combination of text, sounds and photos**
- Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS)**
- Two-Way Short Messaging Service (SMS)**
- Personal Organizer: Calendar with Scheduler, Alarm Clock, Notepad
- Address Book (500 Contacts) -- each stores 5 numbers & 2 e-mail addresses
- Photo caller ID
- Tools: World Clock, Calculator, Ez Tip Calculator
- Speed Dialing (98 Entries + Default Voicemail)
- T9 Predictive Text Input
- 5-Way Navigation Key/Blue Backlit Keypad
- Customizable Banner and Wallpaper
- English and Spanish Language Support
* Battery time will vary depending on personal usage and system transition (traveling between analog and digital systems)
** Verizon Wireless service required, additional charges may apply
The LG VX5200 is available for $49.99 after $50 mail-in rebate with a two-year customer agreement at more than 1,900 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide, Circuit City stores or on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. The VX5200 will also be available at participating RadioShack locations later next month.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 47.4 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE: VOD; LSE). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.LG Electronics, Inc. (Korea Stock Exchange: 06657.KS) is a global force in electronics, information and communications products with 2004 annual sales of US $38 billion (consolidated). With more than 66,000 employees working in 76 subsidiaries in 39 countries around the world, LG Electronics is comprised of four main business companies including Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display, Digital Media.
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading manufacturer of WCDMA (UMTS), CDMA and GSM handsets, and the fastest growing manufacturer of mobile phones worldwide. The company provides a total range of wired and wireless solutions, and is rapidly establishing a global presence as it cultivates international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.####