CHANDLER, AZ — Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, is once again a leader in customer satisfaction, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 U.S. Wireless Regional Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) StudySM released today. Verizon Wireless received the J. D. Power award in this year's customer satisfaction study, sharing highest honors for overall satisfaction among wireless telephone users in the West region including the state of Arizona.
Based on responses from 24,096 wireless subscribers, the J.D. Power and Associates CSI study measures customer satisfaction relative to 42 specific service-related measures grouped into six key factors that impact overall wireless carrier performance: call performance and reliability, customer service, service plan options, brand image, cost of service, and billing. Verizon Wireless received four J. D. Power awards in this year's study, sharing highest honors in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, North Central and West regions.
Verizon Wireless is the nation's wireless leader in customer loyalty, based on customer retention and turnover rates published by the largest providers. Posting a 1.2% churn rate the percentage of customers who disconnect their service in a given period of time Verizon Wireless boasted the lowest Q2 2005 churn rate, while adding the largest quarterly customer increase in the history of the wireless industry.
"We believe that our consistently strong growth and top placements on industry surveys are the direct result of putting customers first," said Lowell McAdam, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Verizon Wireless. "We have invested consistently in our most reliable network and in our outstanding customer service team to provide the kinds of positive experiences that build customer satisfaction and loyalty to Verizon Wireless."
Verizon Wireless this year has won more awards and topped more third-party surveys of wireless customer satisfaction than any other wireless carrier. Most recently in the state of Arizona and nationally, Verizon Wireless:
- Ranked in the top spot in the wireless phone service category in Brandweek magazine's 2005 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Index®.
- Ranked highest among U.S. wireless service providers for customer satisfaction in the latest American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) for the second consecutive year.
- Was the only wireless carrier to receive an "A" for caller satisfaction in Vocal Laboratories' Q2 2005 SectorPulse Wireless Report.
- Ranked highest in The Customer Respect Group's Second Quarter 2005 Online Customer Respect Survey of North America's largest telecommunications and networking firms, an in-depth analysis and independent measure of a customer's online experience when interacting with companies via the Internet.
- Readers of Arizona Business Magazine named Verizon Wireless the top choice for "Wireless Communications" in the 2005 "Ranking Arizona Business: the Best of Arizona Business" survey.
For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 47.4 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.####